PDA

View Full Version : Winter Storm Watch

castlerock
04-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Well it looks like the NWS is taking it seriously.....

Here we go again.....

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=VTZ008&warncounty=VTC023&local_place1=Warren&product1=Winter+Storm+Watch

noski
04-10-2007, 04:57 PM
If the models pan out as they are shaping up right now, 20-30" over the next 7 days..... per Roger Hill via email distribution to local road crews and a certain chamber person....

HowieT2
04-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Accuweather has the heavier snow in southern Vt, which actually may be a blessing if it stays a little colder in the MRV.

Yard Sale
04-10-2007, 05:38 PM
If the models pan out as they are shaping up right now, 20-30" over the next 7 days..... per Roger Hill via email distribution to local road crews and a certain chamber person....

Do tell? Did that inside info have any detail to it? Such as, oh Saturday into Sunday perhaps.

Treeskier
04-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Valanties day storm, St. Pattys day storm, Good Friday, Wicked Monday, Whopper of a Thursday storm.....and my son predictes a Cinco De Mio storm Saturday May 4th. The winter has been going that way! Things to ponder.

castlerock
04-11-2007, 06:51 AM
I think this is what Roger Hill and a certain prescient party are referring to.

.LONG TERM /FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY/...
DO I DARE SAY WE CUD BE DOING THIS ALL AGAIN LATE SUN-MON. THE
TREND WITH THIS NXT SYSTEM HAS BEEN FURTHER S WITH A FULL-BLOWN
MAJOR NOR`EASTER. THIS SYSTEM IS XPCTD TO CUT-OFF FAR ENUF S THAT
FA WL BE ON ITS NRN PERIPERHY BUT STL WITNESS SOME WINTRY-WET
EVENT. HWVR...ANY SHIFT N CUD MEAN A MJR EVENT FOR FA...THUS
ANYONE WITH TVL INTERESTS OR AT HOME THIS WKND SHLD MONITOR CONDS
VRY CLOSELY.

smootharc
04-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Valanties day storm, St. Pattys day storm, Good Friday, Wicked Monday, Whopper of a Thursday storm.....and my son predictes a Cinco De Mio storm Saturday May 4th. The winter has been going that way! Things to ponder.

...Fourth of July fireflakes.

noski
04-11-2007, 07:30 AM

ok- That's where I draw the line! I am just happy my reputation will remain intact. Predicting the peak foliage moment followed by winter snowfall total (I do have to admit to sweating this one out!) is about my limit. July 4 will be beautiful.

04-11-2007, 04:27 PM

ok- That's where I draw the line! I am just happy my reputation will remain intact. Predicting the peak foliage moment followed by winter snowfall total (I do have to admit to sweating this one out!) is about my limit. July 4 will be beautiful.

What's your take on:

A Mother's Day Snow Shower?

A Memorial Day Flurry?

"Local" "Warming" on hold?

Plowboy
04-12-2007, 05:21 AM
Roger Hill say's 12" to 18" in the mountains. And then look out for mon and tues.