PDA

View Full Version : Closing Date?

skibum1321
04-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Does anyone know if Sugarbush is still planning on closing the last weekend in April? It seems like it would be a shame to do so because at this rate, they should be able to get a few weeks of May as well. I understand that they may not get enough people to make it worthwhile to run the lifts into May, but I sure hope they do.

Plowboy
04-10-2007, 06:41 AM
Win posted this on the AZ yesterday.

There is still a bunch of great skiing and riding left. We will be open everyday through Sunday April 22nd and will reopen if conditions allow the following weekend. After that ?????. .

boze
04-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Would be most appreciated if S'bush could comment on any revised plans for staying open, given all the snow of late.

Family ski trips can take some coordinating so the more info, the sooner, the better. I recognize there are many unknowns like the weather, customer traffic, etc. Still, with the amount of base now in place, I would hope to hear some encouraging news.

And that's not to mention those Claybrook folks who are in rotation this year for the end of April, even - dare I say it? - early May...I'm SURE they would love to know more

MikeTrainor
04-10-2007, 10:38 AM
It would be nice to beat out Killington. Beat them with the opening and the closing...

BushMogulMaster
04-10-2007, 12:58 PM
We were first to open, first to be 100%, last to be 100%... why not be last to close?

Treeskier
04-10-2007, 08:02 PM
I personally am keeping the first two weekends to ski lift accessed slopes. Hopefully the Bush.

Lostone
04-10-2007, 11:44 PM
The plan I heard from Win was the same one I've heard for a while.

Open, daily until the 22nd.

Then close for the midweek, and open the following weekend.

On the good side, he did say, and then see what mother nature gives us for the following weekend.

The key to staying open late is paying customers. If people keep coming up, they'll be willing to stay open.

TOS
04-12-2007, 12:55 PM
We were first to open, first to be 100%, last to be 100%... why not be last to close?

Stowe is opening the Gondola for this weekend.

gone.skiing
04-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Probably trying to lock sugarboarder as a customer for next year...

HowieT2
04-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Probably trying to lock sugarboarder as a customer for next year...

LOL