PDA

View Full Version : So what do we call it?

Strat
04-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Since we're now making up for Juneuary, we need a name for this month... Japril sounds kinda lame... Februeaster is good for today but not the whole stretch... hmm...

I cannot believe it's this good this late. Epically epic.

Paradise Woods slayed me. Well mostly Paradise itself. Some really grand spots in and around Heaven's Gate as well... man I love the woods... it's like a whole other mountain in there...

Lostone
04-08-2007, 03:56 PM
I'd call it... Pretty Damned Good!

And I get home and look down at my car and... there is almost no snow on her. :shock:

But... but... she was covered, this morning! And I could almost swear that I was skiing in a snowstorm, all day.

Gotta stop having these hallucinations! :roll: Of course, if you are going to hallucinate... that was a good one to have! :lol:

HowieT2
04-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Great day. Dumping from 1 'till 3 and now again. Paradise woods were awesome. Everything was awesome.
Got my first seasons pass today for next year. One more day tomorrow and then the waiting begins.

skiladi
04-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Since we're now making up for Juneuary, we need a name for this month... Japril sounds kinda lame... Februeaster is good for today but not the whole stretch... hmm...

Marpril? Dumpril? Apeschnee? Epicril?
Whatever..I just want to be there but the pup is doing well , just not well enough. Hubby is on his way up so that is good. He heard it was mid-winter. :wink: Hope you guys are telling it like it is. ; }

Lostone
04-08-2007, 08:31 PM
There are still a few places that got hit by the warm. Usually, they are places where it had melted and gotten warm. Heard there is still one on OTL, but haven't gone down there. I think that other than a thin spot or two, he'll find his ski in/out has been repaired. :)

Once he wanders out, I think he'll be quite happy. :wink:

Oh yeah... And remember how I said my car had almost no snow on her? She's totally buried, again. :D

http://forums.alpinezone.com/images/smilies/icon_snow.gif

Yard Sale
04-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Februapril

smootharc
04-09-2007, 06:37 AM
....I now think of as the winter of St. Eastertines.

asland
04-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Friday- 9:15 AM Wind hold on bravo and heaven's gate so I headed over o north lynx and down to castle rock which had just opened. 4 runs of knee deep surprisingly light snow. Mental note - ski with mouth shut from all the powder blowing up. After 4 runs I noticed that heaven's gate had just opened so I headed over there. Ripcord was phenomenal. Again knee deep powder with lots of fresh lines to be found. Just opened it up and let it fly with huge gs turns. Reminiscent of bowl skiing out west. Finally hit the woods off of paradise. Good stuff.

Saturday- 9:00 AM - a few inches of new snow so I headed back to Castlerock. Nice lines to be found on lift line. I took a few runs there and ducked back into the woods between lift line and rumble. A little tight but fresh lines abounded. I headed over for a few runs off poop-shoot. Finally when it started getting crowded I headed back over to heaven's gate. where I caught some runs in paradise woods and the woods between ripcord and paradise. Still a little tight but good snow and nice lines to be found.

All in All... I have been skiing for 33 years and this is hands down the best few days of April skiing I have had out east.

asland

shadyjay
04-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Okay - perfect name for this month, straight outta the pages of the Springfield Elementary misprinted calendars...

SMARCH

Can't you just hear the people waiting for spring, saying, "Lousy Smarch Weather!" :D
Sampled the Smarch conditions today. Hard to believe it, when you think back to Nov-Dec-earlyJan. Nice to see the season snow totals are finally above the "average annual snowfall" 262" mark. And another storm possible Thu? Its like a dream:
a dream I hope I don't wake up from, for another month at least.