PDA

View Full Version : Frustrations???

neilkamman
04-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Did anyone share my frustations this morning of arriving at South to windholds on Bravo and the Summit, "delayed openings" at Rock (Ambassadors words not mine) , and mechanicals at Gate House? Did the mountain ever actually open up today? MRG was an epic consolation prize. Work suffered...

N

atkinson
04-06-2007, 07:51 PM
The mountain was up and running most of the day. Nobody seemed very frustrated at 4pm. Epic is accurate. Was that the driest April powder evah? Sweet!

John

castlerock
04-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Yes as JA said, Best April Powdah Evah!.
I can't handle complaints about wind-holds.....It was a phenomenal day for any month, as an April day is was sublime.....I got off the Castlerock chair after 4:00 for my last run. There wasn't a frustrated person around.

Lostone
04-06-2007, 08:02 PM
I shared your frustrations, but when the mountain did fully open, which was not all that long, I didn't hear a lot of complaints. Instead, everyone was effusive about how good a day it was.

Hope you had a great day at Mad River. Those of us who waited out our frustrations made out quite well.

There was more day left than there was, me. :)

neilkamman
04-06-2007, 08:19 PM
I shared your frustrations, but when the mountain did fully open, which was not all that long, I didn't hear a lot of complaints. Instead, everyone was effusive about how good a day it was.

Hope you had a great day at Mad River. Those of us who waited out our frustrations made out quite well.

There was more day left than there was, me. :)

Oh yes, the April powder was very un-April like. I guess that having seen the winds both thru the Gap and on the summit of Stark, I still found myself questioning the holds. I know the configuration of our local mountains and weather as well and anyone living here can. I guess that I just can't handle windholds. My problem. Glad everyone had a stellar schi.

ski_resort_observer
04-06-2007, 09:01 PM
It was very windy this morning when I was on the Airport Rd due east of LP. It even knocked my camera/tripod over once. Not much you can do about it. Go with the flow.

gottdogg
04-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Frustrations???? The only frustration I had was that I had to leave at 1:00 pm. The wind hold worked out perferctly for me. 2nd chair up in the am. Freshies on Morningstar and Sunrise and then on Castlerock. After 3 (or was it 4)then to Heavan's Gate for freshies on Ripcord, Paradise, etc. Yesterday was awesome -- the best April powder day for me in a long time (since I lived in Colorado).

The only mechanical issue I saw at Gatehouse was a couple minute delay first thing? were there others?

Why do some people always find the negative in an otherwise awesome experience????

gone.skiing
04-07-2007, 11:29 AM
I am with you. I thought the walk from parking lot to the lifts was going to be too cold even if the lifts were running so I stayed home... :roll:

Did anyone share my frustations this morning of arriving at South to windholds on Bravo and the Summit, "delayed openings" at Rock (Ambassadors words not mine) , and mechanicals at Gate House? Did the mountain ever actually open up today? MRG was an epic consolation prize. Work suffered...

N

MntMan4Bush
04-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Hmm. Allow me to explain my weekend. Saturday slept in and went to Jordans to buy a mattress. If the Sox win the Series it's free. Go Sox!! Then a little Home Depot. After headed down to the in-laws for cards, dinner, drinks and and watching Tavarez pitch like only him and a 2 year old blind chimpanzee can pitch. (No offense Madhavok). Sunday Easter dinner of lamb and ham. Spent a good deal of the day hearing things like "So how's work", "How's the house coming along" and "What's new with you guys". Now I love hanging with the In-laws, but I knew what was happening up north and I was itching bad. I had a serious powder rash. Then someone pulled out a fuzzy easter bunny that sang "Here comes Peter Cottentail" and bounced around. It made me want to kill myself and everyone around me. So if you don't get a lot of sympathy from me about a minor delay after 3 1/2 feet dumped on the Bush well then I can gladly point you in the direction of Hell and I'd request that you adjurn there post haste. (Sorry - I'm a powder-holic and this is one of the early stages of withdrawal)

Glad to hear though that the majority of people appreciated the gift dumped down on them and had a great time. It doesn't seem like teh snow went to waste.

asland
04-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Sure I was a little frustrated but it worked out.

It was possibly the worst 15 minutes of my life as the minutes ticked by and north lynx was not opening. I do applaud Win for being out there explaining to us what was happening and what they were doing to fix the problem.

My only consolation was that not many people had made it up so I knew there would still be great lines for the rest of us. Castlerock still had great lines when I got there and just as the best of it was getting tracked up hevans gate opened up and I was able to get over there for freshies.

So, for me it actually worked out better in the end and I left with a shit eatin' grin on my face.

freeheel_skier
04-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Why do my cheek muscles hurt??? Oh yeh I had that same grin on my face :D