PDA

View Full Version : There is NO FAT LADY SINGING

castlerock
04-02-2007, 07:38 AM
.LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY/...
WITH LOW PRESSURE FORMING OVER SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND WEDNESDAY
EVENING COULD BE A BURST OF HEAVIER PRECIPITATION AS IT CHANGES
OVER TO SNOW 00Z- 06Z ALL AREAS WITH A FEW INCHES OF SNOW
EXPECTED...ESPECIALLY HIGHER TERRAIN.

BY FRIDAY...CUTOFF POLAR VORTEX BECOMES ESTABLISHED OVER NORTHERN NEW
ENGLAND AND SOUTHEASTERN CANADA WITH UNSEASONABLY COOL
TEMPERATURES AND NW PERSISTENT UPSLOPE FLOW WILL DRIVE MAINLY SNOW
SHOWERS...ESPECIALLY HIGHER TERRAIN....POSSIBLY MIXED WITH RAIN IN
THE LOWER ELEVATIONS. STILL LOOKS LIKE ACCUMULATING LIGHT SNOWS IN
THE NORTHERN MOUNTAINS THROUGH THE PERIOD WHICH COULD ADD UP TO
SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS BY THE WEEKEND.

From the Discussion Monday morning

daevious
04-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Raining right now, but...
http://daevious.com/forecast.png
Maybe the fat lady will just hang out for a while, warming up in her dressing room.

castlerock
04-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Maybe the fat lady will just hang out for a while, warming up in her dressing room.

As long as she only sings Twist Again....

noski
04-02-2007, 09:49 PM
You guys are talking about ME are you?? :wink:

daevious
04-02-2007, 11:38 PM

"The opera ain't over until the fat lady sings" originated with San Antonio sports broadcaster Dan Cook during a television newscast in April 1978. He coined the famous phrase after the first basketball game between the San Antonio Spurs and the Washington Bullets during the 1977-78 National Basketball Association playoffs, to illustrate that while the Spurs had won once, the series was not over yet. [link (http://www.santacruzpl.org/readyref/files/d-f/fat.shtml)]

Noski, although you are a lady who sings, you need to do some serious eating before you can qualify as fat. Also, according to these rules you'd have to sing Wagner, not barbershop quartet. Sorry, you cannot end the ski season so easily.

freeheel_skier
04-03-2007, 07:20 AM

I thought you ment Mount Ellen :?

noski
04-03-2007, 07:28 AM

"The opera ain't over until the fat lady sings" originated with San Antonio sports broadcaster Dan Cook during a television newscast in April 1978. He coined the famous phrase after the first basketball game between the San Antonio Spurs and the Washington Bullets during the 1977-78 National Basketball Association playoffs, to illustrate that while the Spurs had won once, the series was not over yet. [link (http://www.santacruzpl.org/readyref/files/d-f/fat.shtml)]

Noski, although you are a lady who sings, you need to do some serious eating before you can qualify as fat. Also, according to these rules you'd have to sing Wagner, not barbershop quartet. Sorry, you cannot end the ski season so easily.

Just remember who has been saying all along....66 more inches of snow to come. I'm confident I will get it closer to zero- maybe not all the way, but closer.... Bring it on!

freeheel_skier
04-03-2007, 07:46 AM

Just remember who has been saying all along....66 more inches of snow to come. I'm confident I will get it closer to zero- maybe not all the way, but closer.... Bring it on!

I like your attitude! POSITIVE vibes 8)

04-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Still hope!

Pix off the website from this time last season.......

http://upload7.postimage.org/527272/untitled.jpg (http://upload7.postimage.org/527272/photo_hosting.html).

noski
04-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Remember when I said we still needed- and I fully expected to get 99" more snow to meet the Peak Foliage Day prediction...? Now we are down to 42" and I AM NOT DONE WITH THIS WINTER YET! Stick wit' me, kids.

I had 3 people complain to me yesterday about the snow asking me if I could do anything about it. I simply answered, "Chamber of Commerce weather, baby!" Bring it on.

ski_resort_observer
04-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Remember when I said we still needed- and I fully expected to get 99" more snow to meet the Peak Foliage Day prediction...? Now we are down to 42" and I AM NOT DONE WITH THIS WINTER YET! Stick wit' me, kids.

I had 3 people complain to me yesterday about the snow asking me if I could do anything about it. I simply answered, "Chamber of Commerce weather, baby!" Bring it on.

My neighbor who works at the Warren Store said there were lots of complaints about the snow yesterday. You just have to laugh. I told her to tell people to call the chamber directer, after all, she asked for it...... :wink: :lol:

Lostone
04-06-2007, 03:07 PM
We're rooting for ya, noski! :D

Keep them cards and letters coming in! :lol:

It is great up there! We want to keep the valley getting the tourist dollars right up to the 4th! :P 8)

kcyanks1
04-06-2007, 04:07 PM
We're rooting for ya, noski! :D

Keep them cards and letters coming in! :lol:

It is great up there! We want to keep the valley getting the tourist dollars right up to the 4th! :P 8)

Why stop then? Skiing in VT in August!

Mike_451
04-06-2007, 05:40 PM
I am allready planning to hike in June

noski
04-09-2007, 07:36 AM
21" to go.... Trying not to get tooooo smug. :wink:

Lostone
04-09-2007, 07:48 AM
We're right behind you! :D

And you'd better get us the rest of that snow, because if you don't, it might not be safe to have us poor snow deprived people... behind you. :twisted: :D