PDA

View Full Version : New job openings...

Strat
03-31-2007, 01:27 PM
http://sugarbush.com/aboutus/job.asp?id=264

Interesting... Carosi bolted I'm guessing...

Haven't heard much positive or negative about new improvements at Timbers... any words on that?

Mike_451
03-31-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah he hasn't worked for sugarbush for a while now and his departure was not on friendly terms either.

madhavok
03-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Could be good. A couple things based on my dinner at timbers was:

1. The food was ok, not great.
2. Service was good although took a while for the hostess to aknowledge us when we walked in.
3. What really pissed me off was this. I was out on a double date, 3 of us ordered scallops as our appeteiser. I guess they were running low on the scallops so they cut one in half. I had 2.5 scallops and so did my friends girlfriend. My friend got 3 full scallops. If they didn't have enough the chef should have just told us, not scam me.

Mike_451
03-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Or charge you for 2.5 scallops instead of 3

madhavok
03-31-2007, 10:19 PM

Its not about the money. Its the principle.

Mike_451
03-31-2007, 11:21 PM

Its not about the money. Its the principle.

I agree; you weren't getting what you payed for and they were beeing dishonest. They should have at least admitted that they were running short and asked you if you still wanted the dish but with 2.5 scallops instead of 3 at a reduced price.

HowieT2
04-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Last I went to Timbers was St. Pattys day weekend. The service was OK. The food was good and the menu was improved. They're getting there.

Yard Sale
04-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Could be good. A couple things based on my dinner at timbers was:

1. The food was ok, not great.
2. Service was good although took a while for the hostess to aknowledge us when we walked in.
3. What really pissed me off was this. I was out on a double date, 3 of us ordered scallops as our appeteiser. I guess they were running low on the scallops so they cut one in half. I had 2.5 scallops and so did my friends girlfriend. My friend got 3 full scallops. If they didn't have enough the chef should have just told us, not scam me.

Wait a just minute. Your friend ate his full scallop appie while his girlfriend's appie was 1/6th of a scallop deficient. :o Thus, when confronted publicly with the selfish nature of the man whom she thought she loved, she simply ate her 2.5 scallops and didn't throw her drink in his face and storm outta there making a big scene ala Alexis Carrington? :shock: (1980's television show reference: Dynasty) I'd say your friend has found himself a keeper. You tell him he'd better marry that girl. :D :lol:

MntMan4Bush
04-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Admitedly I've never had dinner or lunch there, but have had Apres quite a few times since the last thread was activated about the subject. I'd say that my apres experience changed a lot in the positive direction. The new apres menu is great (the cheddar ale soup is like a bowl of heaven with hot girls swimming in it. It's that good!) and the service was quick and efficient. One minor complaint though is several chairs and tables have left the middle area and it's harder to get a seat now inside. No big deal, but I generally enjoy sitting down after a day of skiing.

Some of our group went in after the pond skimming and had lunch (quitters) and said it was tough getting a seat and service was a bit slow, but on a day like that it should be expected. Pretty much everyone called it a day after the event so it was packed. That of course left the trails wide open for the rest of us.

It is a downer about the scallops. Did you say something to the waitress? I admit it isn't about them shaving $1.75 off the bill, but the food items there aren't exactly cheap so when you pay a bit more you expect a bit more in quality. It's funny (not really Ha Ha funny I guess) how a half a scallop could have such a dominating negative effect on your meal. I'm not saying you're in the wrong about this, but more from Timbers point of view. A half a scallop may have cost them a returning customer. "For want of a shoe the kingdom was lost"

flakeydog
04-02-2007, 09:03 AM
My first experience with Timbers was at lunch back in early January. It was great, no- it was stupendous. They had knocked this one out of the park. Good service, fantastic atmosphere, excellent food - could not have been better. We have brought friends/family for lunch there a couple of times since.

We had heard about the "departure" of the chef at Timbers (along with the corresponding rumors as to how, why etc....). When we went for dinner a couple of weekends ago, we noticed some changes. The menu was different and the food was not on par with our previous experience. Nit-picky thing, some of the sides were cold when they got to the table. Biggest thing I noticed was the quality of some of the food (primarily the steak) was not as good as before. Don't get me wrong, nobody went hungry but it appears that Timbers has lost its way temporarily. The menu pricing releative to other venues in the area suggest a level of quaility that is higher than what they are currently delivering.

The good news is that the service was still good and the atmosphere is still hard to beat. I assume this is a temporary bump in the road and they will work it out. Just felt the need to say something.

madhavok
04-02-2007, 10:44 AM
This was back in January when I went. I remember it was windy and freezing outside. Walking up to Timbers from the parking lot was ridiculous under the conditions. Anyone who doesn't live in Claybrook should not try to go to Timbers for dinner on a windy Saturday night with sub zero temps.

Anyway I didn't complain to my waitress. She was very nice and I didn't feel like going there. Other than getting short changed on the scallops, I had the Pork for dinner, it was ok, but I was expecting something great.

04-02-2007, 10:46 AM
This was back in January when I went. I remember it was windy and freezing outside. Walking up to Timbers from the parking lot was ridiculous under the conditions. Anyone who doesn't live in Claybrook should not try to go to Timbers for dinner on a windy Saturday night with sub zero temps.

I was trying so hard not to reply here, but this just takes the cake. Do you whine about everything? January + Vermont = Cold. Dress for it... :roll:

madhavok
04-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Greg relax. Its just a good piece of advice for people to keep in mind. On those cold windy nights, its nicer walking 30' or 40' from the car to door like at the Warren House or Common man. Making a couple of girls walk up from the Sugarbush parking lot up and around to Timbers was not enjoyable for them.

04-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Greg relax.
Seems to me it's the pissed off monkey that needs to relax. Stop sweating all the small stuff. Life's too short for that.

madhavok
04-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Dude i'm not even pissed off. It takes much much more to tick me off.

gone.skiing
04-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Dude, you can go through Clay Brook front door and up the stairs. If that is too much, there is probably an elevator...

ski_resort_observer
04-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Making a couple of girls walk up from the Sugarbush parking lot up and around to Timbers was not enjoyable for them.

Sorry, mad but your problem from both a business and customer standpoint specifically to Timbers is very weak, bordering on the pathetic. The only way the Bush could have avoided your problem would be too build Timbers in the middle of the parking lot.

Your beef reminds me of the woman who sued the Town of Jackson because she was walking on the boardwalk which lines the stores around the town square and her high heels got stuck between the boards and she sprained her ankle. The judge thru the lawsuit out as frivilous, ruled that she had to pay everyones court costs and her injury was caused by her negligence and lack of common sense, much like your problem you have with the cold and wind in a Vermont winter.

It sounds like you would be more comfortable at a restaurant with front entrance valet service. Nothing wrong with that. Here's a tip for future trips, that does not exist in Vermont. BTW you didn't mention why you didn't give the gals your coats so they would be more comfortable. :D

04-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Making a couple of girls walk up from the Sugarbush parking lot up and around to Timbers was not enjoyable for them.

Sorry, mad but your problem from both a business and customer standpoint specifically to Timbers is very weak, bordering on the pathetic. The only way the Bush could have avoided your problem would be too build Timbers in the middle of the parking lot.

Your beef reminds me of the woman who sued the Town of Jackson because she was walking on the boardwalk which lines the stores around the town square and her high heels got stuck between the boards and she sprained her ankle. The judge thru the lawsuit out as frivilous, ruled that she had to pay everyones court costs and her injury was caused by her negligence and lack of common sense, much like your problem you have with the cold and wind in a Vermont winter.

It sounds like you would be more comfortable at a restaurant with front entrance valet service. Nothing wrong with that. Here's a tip for future trips, that does not exist in Vermont. BTW you didn't mention why you didn't give the gals your coats so they would be more comfortable. :D
Don't even humor the monkey. He's the type who's not happy unless he's complaining about something...

Yard Sale
04-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Dude i'm not even pissed off. It takes much much more to tick me off.

Like being called a monkey? Sorry, couldn't help it. I'm a big fan of primate humor, but I'll stop now. I don't want to make this situation any hairier. Whoops!

madhavok
04-02-2007, 04:02 PM
First off I wasn't aware that non claybrook owners were allowed to cut through the snoby condo (Now I know). Secondly I wasn't complaining how they should have improved the location of Timbers. Just my recomendation to go somewhere else on those frigid artic nights. Take it, or not. Don't make it a big issue. No need for the snotty back talk. Thats why you bums drove Win off the board.

freeheel_skier
04-03-2007, 07:35 AM
No need for the snotty back talk. Thats why you bums drove Win off the board.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Very true....but funny comment. :lol:

freeheel_skier
04-03-2007, 07:42 AM
My first experience with Timbers was at lunch back in early January. It was great, no- it was stupendous. They had knocked this one out of the park. Good service, fantastic atmosphere, excellent food - could not have been better. We have brought friends/family for lunch there a couple of times since.

We had heard about the "departure" of the chef at Timbers (along with the corresponding rumors as to how, why etc....). When we went for dinner a couple of weekends ago, we noticed some changes. The menu was different and the food was not on par with our previous experience. Nit-picky thing, some of the sides were cold when they got to the table. Biggest thing I noticed was the quality of some of the food (primarily the steak) was not as good as before. Don't get me wrong, nobody went hungry but it appears that Timbers has lost its way temporarily. The menu pricing releative to other venues in the area suggest a level of quaility that is higher than what they are currently delivering.

The good news is that the service was still good and the atmosphere is still hard to beat. I assume this is a temporary bump in the road and they will work it out. Just felt the need to say something.

You have got to be kidding? I ate there in early Jan. and had the complete opposite experience. I ate there for lunch twice in early March and the Chili was cold both times. The turkey ruben.....Cold. Maybe the staff just doesn't like me :( However the beer was cold :wink:

Bubba
04-03-2007, 07:47 AM

Scallops, like most food products, are sold by weight not by the piece.
My guess is that someone got carried away trying to meet their food cost numbers.

freeheel_skier
04-03-2007, 07:50 AM

Scallops, like most food products, are sold by weight not by the piece.
My guess is that someone got carried away trying to meet their food cost numbers.

Very good point!