PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

Mike_451
03-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Skied Sugarbush North

Conditons - rubber mat stickey, slush bumps.

Got right to the top of the GMX when the Summate went off the wind hold, went up, looking at what I thought would be the most epic cord, but instead was like skiing on a rubber mat :x . I took rimrun down, headed back up and Skiied Black Diamond which was nice slush bumps :P , and then down through the looking good woods to lower rimrun, then over to Encore which was decent. I went back in for a while and chilled out on the deck, then decided to head up the Inverness to check out Semi Tough, which was alright, getting bare on 2 of the pitches, but was prety sticky. Again I headed back in, shed my jacket, and went up to ski Tumbler, which was mediocre. Again, what can I say about it, sticky with nice slush bumps. fortunately strait shot had been packed down nicly and the r!@% that had fallen on it made it nice and slick, so it was actually skiing decently.

The place to be today was on the blacks, as the crusing stuff was, well, nothing to write home about.

On the positive side "Slush Bumps" :P

Overall, this was a day you could legitimately call lousy, if you prefered groomers. And while the even the blacks weren't as good as they could be if you are a true diehard you make the best of it and find ways to make it good. Hopefully things will cool down enough tonight that the natural trails have a chance to dry out and set up, otherwise we will be to 60% of the mountain real soon.

03-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Spring bumps and "lousy"? That makes no sense to me...

sugarboarder
03-22-2007, 06:36 PM
F-ing south didn't even open - unless you consider Gatehouse lift qualifying as "open"...how's that for lousy. :x

Mike_451
03-22-2007, 06:36 PM

I Didn't say the Bumps were Lousy :? The groomers weren't very good, and while the bumps were on the slushy side of things, they were nice :) Hopefully things will be more on the corn side tomorrow and over the weekend. 8)

skiladi
03-24-2007, 01:53 PM

I Didn't say the Bumps were Lousy :? The groomers weren't very good, and while the bumps were on the slushy side of things, they were nice :) Hopefully things will be more on the corn side tomorrow and over the weekend. 8)

Nice corn Friday. Rip , Stein's , Grinder , Sunrise , CRR , Jester , Paradise...all good. Things were sticky on the flats. Went to MRG on Thurs. Drove up the access @9:30 rarin' to go and saw no lifts running. Was afraid of that since I had called the report on the way up , so paid a visit to the Rivah! Spring prices , kids doing cliff jumps and flips , sunshine , beer , and the woods were , ah , interesting. ; }

Mike_451
03-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah, since things have had a chance to set up and dry out they have been great. Ripcord and Paradise and Twist were very sweet Friday, And while chopped up the groomers were fun today. The woods and all the natural trails are holding out and it is dumping now so we will see. And afterthat, there will be tons more corn to play in.