PDA

View Full Version : Roxbury Mountain Road

Yard Sale
03-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Haven't been up in a couple weeks. We usually make the run over the gap and will do so this Friday night if it is in shape. So I was wondering how Roxbury Mountain Road was holding up. It it a mud bog or is it still firm?

Thanks,

YS

win
03-22-2007, 03:44 PM
I have not been over, but I just advised someone to take Exit 3 tomorrow. and go over the Bethel gap which is paved. There will undoubtedly be deep ruts and tomorrow night it will be in the low 20's, so they should be hard and deep. If I were in my SUV with a high suspension I would probably do it because I always do, but the safe answer if to do another route.

Yard Sale
03-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Bethel it is.

Thanks

Strat
03-22-2007, 07:30 PM
The dirt roads everywhere are terrible now, not undrivable by any means but not recommended if there's an alternate, viable route...

Yard Sale
03-22-2007, 08:53 PM
As always good advice, Thanks Strat.

CapeSkiGuy
03-22-2007, 09:01 PM
I drove over it today. I thought it was in terrible shape. Very wet and muddy on the flat portions. I was in 4WD part of the way up. I am coming back to the Valley Friday afternoon and I will not be using it. I also made the mistake of taking Lovers Lane in Northfield. This road is also a mess, and is heavily washboarded on the end near the Mobil station. Even in an SUV, it isn't worth the shortcut.

shadyjay
03-24-2007, 09:14 PM
I also made the mistake of taking Lovers Lane in Northfield. This road is also a mess, and is heavily washboarded on the end near the Mobil station. Even in an SUV, it isn't worth the shortcut.

LL is always a mess - even when it hasn't rained in days/weeks. Must be the town trying to discourage its use as a shortcut.

skiladi
03-25-2007, 10:19 AM
I have not been over, but I just advised someone to take Exit 3 tomorrow. and go over the Bethel gap which is paved. There will undoubtedly be deep ruts and tomorrow night it will be in the low 20's, so they should be hard and deep. If I were in my SUV with a high suspension I would probably do it because I always do, but the safe answer if to do another route.

I guess the beemer isn't the best choice? ; }