PDA

View Full Version : Latest day you plan to ski this year?

TimKeogh
03-21-2007, 08:37 PM
LP vs ME discussion aside.. my wife's birthday is April 7th and we always try to get out !

Strat
03-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Depends on my motivation and temps/snow remaining... I always feel like I want to go the last day, but I typically lose the will when it's like 55 degrees and cloudy...

BushMogulMaster
03-21-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm feeling like second week of May or so. I'll be hiking FIS as long as there's enough snow to make my way down!

skiladi
03-21-2007, 08:59 PM
I try to do Tuck's on my birthday every year or close to the date or Wildcat 'cause it's free on your B-day. Depends on weather and day of the week. Won't do Tuck's on a Saturday in April. :shock: This year April 16 is on a Monday so should be cool. ; }

Lostone
03-21-2007, 09:06 PM
I hope to be out there on the last day. After that...? Unlikely, but...? 8)

Mike_451
03-21-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm feeling like second week of May or so. I'll be hiking FIS as long as there's enough snow to make my way down!

You might be making it down as far as Northridge this year :lol:

MntMan4Bush
03-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Am I assuming correctly you mean at Sugarbush or skiing in general? I hope to get out to Tucks in mid April, but as for the Bush I was thinking late April before I start switching out my skis for my golf bag and mountain bike.

pbolo
03-22-2007, 09:10 AM
I don't think I want to ski after 3/18 although I probably will.

In fact if that was the last day I skied in VT ever, I can die happy.

Lostone
03-22-2007, 10:11 AM
First, pbolo, welcome to the board.

I can understand your thoughts on Sunday's skiing, but as you didn't die... Time to do it again! :lol:

pbolo
03-22-2007, 10:19 AM
thanks for the welcome.

been a lurker here for a little bit.

as to when I am going to ski the bush again. I don't know. I skied it once last year on V'tines day and once this year on 2/25 that was the last sunday of president's week. It was the most beautiful day ever. Unlimited visibility. I could never ski the bush again because that day was so perfect. I don't want to remember it any other way.

but alas ofcourse I am going to ski it again. and I am going to ski again this year.

castlerock
03-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Sugarbush: probably April 21st or 22nd (the end of the kids vacation week)
Great Gulf: Early May

ManyTurns
03-22-2007, 11:29 AM
The last day... December 31.

Treeskier
03-22-2007, 01:03 PM
I like ManyTurns responce...same but if you ment this season. The last day there is lift accessed skiing in the East. In many years that has been June 1st at Kmart or one year Sugarloaf. My latest day at Sugurbush was closing day May 26th, when ASC stayed the long run. I'm at 66 days so far and am aiming at 80+.

Tin Woodsman
03-22-2007, 02:08 PM
23 responses in one day for this topic and in over a month just 16 for a poll devited to the weighty subject of what to call the Miscellaneous Forum?

You're all dead to me.

sugarboarder
03-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Maybe you should call it "Land of the Lost"

Yard Sale
03-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Maybe you should call it "Land of the Lost"

How about the "Sleestack Pylon"?

Windshield Ski Bum
03-22-2007, 07:39 PM
I hope this year will be like last year. We closed SB on April 30, (And all of New england for that matter)

Waterskiing on the Congamond Lake on May 6, Life is Good

sugarboarder
03-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Northstar-at-Tahoe April 4th and 6th, USASA Nationals GS then SL - then a free ski day with my brother and his family, then shutting it down when I get back. Surgery immediately on a torn tendon in the right little finger so I can recover in time for primetime kayak racing season begnning in June. I'm pretty burnt on the riding anyway. Thirty-one races in 80 days plus training is quite enough. Good stuff though! Thanks to Matt and his race crew at SB for everything, to Lew for letting me fore-run a USSA Super-G (even though it was cancelled) and to GMVS for letting a snowboarder train with them! :)

BushMogulMaster
03-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Northstar-at-Tahoe April 4th and 6th, USASA Nationals GS then SL - then a free ski day with my brother and his family, then shutting it down when I get back. Surgery immediately on a torn tendon in the right little finger so I can recover in time for primetime kayak racing season begnning in June. I'm pretty burnt on the riding anyway. Thirty-one races in 80 days plus training is quite enough. Good stuff though! Thanks to Matt and his race crew at SB for everything, to Lew for letting me fore-run a USSA Super-G (even though it was cancelled) and to GMVS for letting a snowboarder train with them! :)

Wow! You're a busy guy, Sugarboarder! 31 races in 80 days!

Why was the Super-G cancelled?

freeheel_skier
03-22-2007, 09:58 PM
last day....don't know yet. I guess it will be when the snow is all gone. :?

sugarboarder
03-22-2007, 09:59 PM

Wow! You're a busy guy, Sugarboarder! 31 races in 80 days!

Why was the Super-G cancelled?

It was the USSA Masters Super-G March 2nd here...big powder day, no visibility. They had a perfect sunny hard snow bluebird day for training the day before, and I got to run the bottom two-thirds, but race day was time to hit the woods on C-rock. The racers were pretty bummed...for a few minutes!! :D

andyzee
03-23-2007, 09:01 AM
2 years ago I skied until Memorial day weekend, hike up Killington. Last year I believe I skied upto May 15th. I hate to quit before May this year and will do everything I can to ski into May.

shadyjay
03-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Gonna continue to go until probably the Bush closes. After tomorrow, I'll have 30 days.

I know what you're saying - you live up here and that's all the days you've gone. First, I lost a weekend in Dec due to my day 1 injury. Lost a weekend in Jan due to the 60 deg wx. Limited my trips to CT to 2 since the season began. I try to get out 2-3 days a week (Fri/Sat/Sun) - have to work Mo-Thu, some just don't understand that. Have to make $ to live.