PDA

View Full Version : Pix from Castlerock 03-17

Lostone
03-20-2007, 09:59 PM
I didn't get my camera out much last weekend, because it was snowing to hard, and I had... other thigs to do. :wink:

But I did get a few pix from a few of my trips up Castlerock.

You can see them here. (http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Castlerock_03_17_07&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php) 8)

freeheel_skier
03-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Wow! How long was the line? Great pix! Drool!!!!

Lostone
03-20-2007, 10:10 PM
The line was long... because the lift wasn't open, yet. I got there about 10 before 9:00. As I came down Lower Domino, I saw a bunch of people standing at the entrance, looking down and discussing the line. I crossed Lower Downspout and took air off the Castlerock entrance. ( Ok, not a lot of air, but it was the thought that counted. :lol:)

There wasn't much doubt where I was going! :wink: At that time, the line had started up the hill and was just starting back toward the lift.

Unfortunately, I didn't time it, especially the second and third time, but... It was really worth it! :D

freeheel_skier
03-20-2007, 10:26 PM
The line was long... because the lift wasn't open, yet. I got there about 10 before 9:00. As I came down Lower Domino, I saw a bunch of people standing at the entrance, looking down and discussing the line. I crossed Lower Downspout and took air off the Castlerock entrance. ( Ok, not a lot of air, but it was the thought that counted. :lol:)

There wasn't much doubt where I was going! :wink: At that time, the line had started up the hill and was just starting back toward the lift.

Unfortunately, I didn't time it, especially the second and third time, but... It was really worth it! :D

Nice! Too bad you overslept :P Sweet! All I have to say about Sunday is WOW! I skiied with my brothers and every chair up were were trying to figure out when the last time we had that much blower!?! We skiied a run with a friend who wasn't fimiliar with the area.....he asked what was the name of the run was. I replied awesome :lol:

MntMan4Bush
03-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Too funny Lostone. My buddies might have been the ones discussing at the top. I went by them and said that sounds like something we could discuss on the lift. There was no way I wasn't getting an early run in on MiddleEarth. In any case I say that because in your second pic I'm standing right there a couple of people back in the red jacket/grey pants. I also have a few pics from my first run on ME. Check them out.

St Patricks Day Pics (http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php?set_albumName=MntMan4Bush_Album&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php)

random_ski_guy
03-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Too funny Lostone. My buddies might have been the ones discussing at the top. I went by them and said that sounds like something we could discuss on the lift. There was no way I wasn't getting an early run in on MiddleEarth. In any case I say that because in your second pic I'm standing right there a couple of people back in the red jacket/grey pants. I also have a few pics from my first run on ME. Check them out.

St Patricks Day Pics (http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php?set_albumName=MntMan4Bush_Album&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php)

Nice pics MtnMan. Since I don't have any decent pics of myself, I might try to use one of your numerous self shots as my avatar.

Lostone
03-21-2007, 08:46 PM
1) Freeheel... Overslept??? :shock: My fourth run brought me to C_Rock. I was in the line for Bravo's opening. (It is required by skibum law, you know? :wink: )

B) MntMan... Great shots! but I don't think you were on that lip, unless you took a long time to get down to the line. You are significantly behind me, there. I was just getting ready to turn toward the lift. And you show even more clearly in the 2nd pic, as you are directly center. (Like I was taking a pic of you in the line. :) ) Actually, the woman in green seems to be looking right at me. Was she in your group? If so, tell her about the shot, as it is a pic of her, in the line, too. :lol:

III) As good as you thought it was on Middle Earth, I was there before you, so you can imagine it really sucked, for me! :D

d) Did you ski Spills, on Saturday? There were people on the skiers' right who were in waist deep snow! :shock: :D

freeheel_skier
03-21-2007, 10:09 PM
1) Freeheel... Overslept??? :shock: My fourth run brought me to C_Rock. I was in the line for Bravo's opening. (It is required by skibum law, you know? :wink: )
:shock: :D

I was :P You......ten b4 9..you should have had 15k verts. under your belt :P NOT
:roll:
Get it? :wink:

Lostone
03-22-2007, 07:29 AM
I got it. :wink:

I was just pushing the "drool" level, a bit.

And the 10 before 10 I could have done, if I had only decided to not go to Castlerock, but had instead swithced to Gatehouse. :shock:

Guess I just had my priorities screwed up... again. :cry:

:lol:

MntMan4Bush
03-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Lostone - No ladies in our group that morning, unless you counted the two guys who didn't get to the mountain when things started spinning. :D I guess we weren't right behind you, but we were just coming from Heaven's Gate which didn't even have a liftie in the box and had no signs of opening. We waited for a bit up there and then decided to ski down to CR. Going down someone was coming up in a snowmobile so they had stopped to discuss if we should make our way back up. It wasn't even a discussion point for me as I went by them and down into the line. I'm very jealous of your getting an even "fresher" run on ME than I did. :cry: Of course think of what the first two people that got a chair (and a cheer from the crowd) must have enjoyed. On Sunday it was different. We were about the 6th chair and it was unreal. When Heaven's Gate finally opened on Sat.(not sure why it was delayed so long) we did make it to Spillsville which was great. Again even better on Sunday. On Sunday though I didn't really have time to break out my camera. There was just too much snow that I couldn't bring myself to stop.

Random Ski Guy - Help yourself.