PDA

View Full Version : Scary and disheartening!

BushMogulMaster
03-14-2007, 08:06 AM
I woke up this morning to an abhorrant sight: visible bare spots on Straight Shot!!! NOOO!! It's not time for that yet!

Well, at least there's some snow in the forecast. Hopefully enough to cover it back up!

Today's high is 57, and near a half inch of r--- is expected. There will be lots of bare spots if this doesn't stop soon :cry:

win
03-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Before you get too scared remember that this week last year it rained and we were 66% open. Remember the upslope snows in March and April and the great skiing and riding until April 30th? March and April usually bring some good snowfall and the base around the mountain is still deep and after is cools down on Friday groomers can do "magic" in spots where they can get. Stay optimistic and keep thinking snow! I only have 70 days in personally and want at least 100 again this year!

noski
03-14-2007, 09:09 AM
BMM- Hello.... don't you remember? I am still expecting 100" of snow before we finish..... shooting for 294" this year, the scientific formula using maple leaves falling in a sap bucket couldn't possibly be wrong.

BushMogulMaster
03-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Before you get too scared remember that this week last year it rained and we were 66% open. Remember the upslope snows in March and April and the great skiing and riding until April 30th? March and April usually bring some good snowfall and the base around the mountain is still deep and after is cools down on Friday groomers can do "magic" in spots where they can get. Stay optimistic and keep thinking snow! I only have 70 days in personally and want at least 100 again this year!

Okay... good point! I'm still optimistic, and will be thinking snow through mid-April!

Only 70 days? I think I'm somewhere around day 83. I've seen you a lot around the base, but never on the hill. Where do you hide? :wink:

noski... I'd love another 100". One can still be hopeful, right? :D

gone.skiing
03-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Bumping this thread in hopes that it will bring us another storm... ;)

Mike_451
03-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Good luck 8)