PDA

View Full Version : Good Spring Planning

Treeskier
03-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Had a fine talk with Win today. He said that they moved a bounch of snow from the un used corners of Castlerock and pushed that snow into the often burned out last bend and loading area (last year they had to drag snow in and hand shovel it to keep it open). Very nice. Plus they regroomed or should we veiw it as packed in Steins again to keep in good shape for spring. Nice.

Mike_451
03-11-2007, 08:02 PM
They are really starting to get to know the mountain, and as far as grooming and snowmaking are concerned and it seems like they have learned alot over the last few seasons.

Despite the mixed weather forcasted, at least we have some decent natural base, compared to last year when even some of the snowmaking trails were thin.

03-12-2007, 07:47 AM
Yup. Saw Stein's getting packed last Thursday night.

MntMan4Bush
03-12-2007, 08:00 AM
It's a good thing they did pack Steins. I'd hate to imagine how much more snow would have ben lost with Saturday's r$!& that come down. A packed track doesn't let the water pool up and sit there eating away and lets it run off better. Well done SB.

Treeskier
03-20-2007, 09:56 PM
On Monday I was told they used a snow cat to push all the snow from tower 3 on Castlerock down onto the same corner to build more base where it so often burns out. May there be lost of spring skiing on Castlerock!

Mike_451
03-20-2007, 11:29 PM
On Monday I was told they used a snow cat to push all the snow from tower 3 on Castlerock down onto the same corner to build more base where it so often burns out. May there be lost of spring skiing on Castlerock!

Yeah, you can see where they did that pretty clearly. The bottom pitches of troll road were in great shape yesterday, and I think the rock will hold out prety well, at least through this weekend.