PDA

View Full Version : this weekend 3/10

ski_resort_observer
03-06-2007, 01:53 PM
I know this might be abit early but this weekend is shaping up to be incredible. As soon as we get past the -20F thursday night things start improving. You might want to break out the spring skiing stuff for Sunday. :D Talk about "Tale of Two Ski Seasons" defining the winter so far. Unreal.

freeheel_skier
03-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Temps look nice. Not digging the NCP prediction.......we'll have to wait and see.

HowieT2
03-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Temps look nice. Not digging the NCP prediction.......we'll have to wait and see.

Don't even talk about it.

MikeTrainor
03-06-2007, 02:28 PM
I will be up on Friday. Looking to be a good day.

BushMogulMaster
03-06-2007, 07:37 PM
I will be up on Friday. Looking to be a good day.

Friday will be great. I'm worried, though, about Sunday and Monday. If the warmest layer (to make NCP) is below 2500', we might at least salvage the summits and get some snowfall up high. If the warm layers are up higher, though, we might be in for some spring-like trouble a little early.

Strat
03-06-2007, 10:12 PM
I don't want to see r*** either but it would make sense, no? I mean look at the season so far... prolonged cold (Oct-early Nov)... prolonged warm (no need to clarify that one)... prolonged cold... and then what? It can only go one way... it's been a season of long patterns, and that's not going to change now...

The arctic oscillation models are in pretty solid agreement too unfortunately... but the possible drop after could mean a return to cold temps... you can see the variety of predictions past the definite spike, so it's hard to say....

http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/daily_ao_index/ao.sprd2.gif

win
03-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Are forecast as of this am is looking good for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It is shaping up to be another good weekend with more comfortable temperatures (mid 20's on Friday and mid 30's at the base on Saturday and Sunday) and maybe some snow showers on Saturday. Keep you fingers crossed!

freeheel_skier
03-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Are forecast as of this am is looking good for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It is shaping up to be another good weekend with more comfortable temperatures (mid 20's on Friday and mid 30's at the base on Saturday and Sunday) and maybe some snow showers on Saturday. Keep you fingers crossed!

Sweet! :D