PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought...

Lostone
02-28-2007, 10:26 PM
In case your thoughts were hungry. :wink:

Ran across this (http://www.scottmcleod.org/didyouknow.wmv) on another message board.

Thought it was interesting enough to share, but not for dial-up. :wink:

MntMan4Bush
03-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Very uncool. The link caused an application to run that blasted music and ran a powerpoint like presentation statement that dominated my machine. Despite all of my efforts I couldn't get it to stop or turn off and had to hard boot my machine loosing a document I had been working on. Please refrain from "sharing" items like this in the future.

My recommendation to others... do NOT click the link.

sugarboarder
03-05-2007, 04:56 PM
This is what happens when people fall victim to the deadly effects of "screen suck"! :shock:

Strat
03-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Very uncool. The link caused an application to run that blasted music and ran a powerpoint like presentation statement that dominated my machine. Despite all of my efforts I couldn't get it to stop or turn off and had to hard boot my machine loosing a document I had been working on. Please refrain from "sharing" items like this in the future.

My recommendation to others... do NOT click the link.
It opened normally as a Windows Media Video for me... I don't know what the problem was but it was certainly on your end...

So, in response to the thing... it was like The Day After Tomorrow meets an airport wall advertisement... I wasn't really sure what it meant. If you took the last few minutes with the computers part and set it to upbeat music it would run like a cheery successes of humankind progress statement...

I don't really "know" anymore than I did going in though. China and India have more people and everything else than we do. Mmkay. And England was really strong in 1900. The end. Did I miss anything or is that about it?

Lostone
03-05-2007, 09:06 PM
1) The extension is wmv, so it is a windows media player file. How it ran a powerpoint program, I'll never know.

I watched it without sound, so really didn't know it had sound, but am not surprised. As it is a windows media player file, I would expect sound.

B) It received a lot of positive comment on the site I originally saw it, and from many of the people I sent it to via email.

III) It is posted in the misc forum and is misc. Feel free not to watch, should you wish not to do so.

d) It is only a collection of facts, but is more than a collection of facts.

MntMan4Bush
03-05-2007, 09:25 PM
It in fact opened in Windows Media Player, but it immediately assumed the whole screen on my computer and would not minimize or close (much like a PP presentation takes the whole screen when launched and it looked like a slide show from what I saw). Not sure why it did what it did, but it did. (Hmm does that even make sense....) In any case if it wasn't intentional and I was the only one it effected as such then I apologize. I just wanted to warn others. Definitely not something I would recommend opening at work on the off chance it happens to you. I consider myself fairly tech savvy and I was having no luck. It must have been one of those damn flukes. I never got the chance to read the material as I was too busy trying to shut it down so I wasn't disputing the content.