PDA

View Full Version : SB vouchers for sale

ts01
02-26-2007, 12:09 PM
I have 3 Sugarbush vouchers for sale - $50 each - good any day, weekends holidays etc., through 5/17/07. PM if interested. Thanks.

kcyanks1
02-26-2007, 12:53 PM
No need for the vouchers just now, but it would be fantastic if someone gets to use those on May 17th!!

ts01
02-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Just to clarify, these are vouchers which I purchased off-site, at $59 apiece. I bought more than our group needed and it doesn't look like we have a chance to head back up this season so I wanted to recover some of the cost.

skituner8
02-28-2007, 10:17 AM
can you give the voucher id number so we know this is not a scam

ski_resort_observer
02-28-2007, 07:39 PM
It sound like you have lift tiks bought at an off-site reseller most likely at a ski shop, not vouchers.

Lostone
02-28-2007, 09:11 PM
I hope these tickets were not sold as non-transferable.

Plowboy
02-28-2007, 09:29 PM
:lol: :lol: http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=220&highlight=

sugarboarder
02-28-2007, 11:05 PM
It's buyer beware - and it's simple...if you want tix, PM the person, if not why even comment? What are we the Police? Roxanne.....

freeheel_skier
03-01-2007, 12:11 AM
It's buyer beware - and it's simple...if you want tix, PM the person, if not why even comment? What are we the Police? Roxanne.....

Exactly :wink:

ts01
03-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Folks it's a simple story. I bought these tickets off-site at a ski shop. (Actually I bought a huge number since I had five people skiing SB/MRV for a week - I just overbought because some people took days off). SB took the revenue from that sale however they ordinarily do it with the ski shops and SB itself advertises the availability of these tix on their website. But I didn't use the tickets and I don't see any ethical or legal issue in providing these to another person who could use them. The mountain got 100% of what it asked for a days' use of lifts, but the original purchaser - me - will not be the user. I'm trying to cut my losses. SB loses nothing.

If "vouchers" is a term of art for something the mountain gives out free for a particular person, that's not what I'm selling. These are lift tickets that I bought offsite, not "vouchers" in that sense. SRO thanks for the clarification and thanks to the others for chiming in on caveat emptor and growing up in general.

This is WAY different than leaving at lunch and selling or giving a lift ticket to someone coming in to ski the afternoon - which I see all the time and would not do. (And was occurring within sight of the ticket booth last week at SB, FWIW.)

This is WAY different than selling a lift ticket from the day power went out, which I understand will get anyone a comp day for another year; a cool move by SB management and it would be sleazy to resell.

Whoever skituner8 is with his first and only post, feel free to contact me if you're interested. PM works. If you really think I'm out to scam someone for $150, please (a) do not contact me or (b) buy my tickets using escrow.com, the escrow fees are on you.

FWIW my post count here is not huge but I've been posting under the same username on epicski.com for years, (and on alpinezone.com) and I value my rep on those forums way more than I might gain by scamming someone for $150 on vouchers.

ts01
03-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Oh yeah one more thing - the tickets expire 05/16/07, not 05/17/07. I'd hate to scam anyone.

ski_resort_observer
03-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Just wanted clarification on what you had. This is just a suggestion, do what you gotta do, no worries. Not even sure this will help but since you bought them from a reseller(ski shop) you might give them a call, maybe they would be able to help you. Hope it all works out.

BTW, the ending date on the tix is when the Bush thinks will be their last possible day still open....if the season is extended I am sure they would still be honored.

kcyanks1
03-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Just wanted clarification on what you had. This is just a suggestion, do what you gotta do, no worries. Not even sure this will help but since you bought them from a reseller(ski shop) you might give them a call, maybe they would be able to help you. Hope it all works out.

BTW, the ending date on the tix is when the Bush thinks will be their last possible day still open....if the season is extended I am sure they would still be honored.

So we might be skiing into June? Nice! :-)

ski_resort_observer
03-01-2007, 05:17 PM

So we might be skiing into June? Nice! :-)

I don't see where I mentioned Tuckerman's in my post... :lol:

ts01
03-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Sold, to a friend of Tin Woodsman's -- thanks all.