PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Win (and missing boot)

kcyanks1
02-25-2007, 11:53 PM
So even though I skied Mad River on Saturday 2/24/07 (http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=818), as I was on a trip with a ski club and most of the group skied SB, I had a half hour or so to roam around the SB base area while we picked the rest of the group up (which is why my day at MRG ended at 3pm). I felt bad that my first encounter with Win was after I had skied another mountain, but I someone pointed him out in the base lodge so I said hello and thanked him for posting on AZ and SkiMrv and for everything else he has done. It was nice to meet an owner who obviously cares so much about the mountain and has done a great job, and wasn't ready to kill me for saying hello after skiing at a competitor down the road :-) While this has been a slow season so far for me (only 4 days, though I have a trip planned to Jackson Hole around the third week in March)), I hope I'll make it up to SB at some point, as it is one of my favorites.

It was also my first time at SB this year, and I was very impressed by the lodge. Much more spacious than the lodge their before, and the food area looked like it was set up much better (though I guess it's easy for it to look that way at 4:00 pm when it is almost completely closed!). The Castlerock Pub looked like a cool apres place too. I didn't get a look at Timbers. I did see the small boot room, and from talking with some who skied their, it seems like that is a concern. One person on the trip actually accidentally left a boot there. I'm not sure what type of boot he has and I didn't tell him I was doing this, but if someone turned in a single boot to the lost-and-found, please reply and I'll try to pass the word along.