PDA

View Full Version : Every check out SugarBush's Interactive Trail Map?

madhavok
02-21-2007, 10:52 AM
I really like using the Interactive map. Its a fast way of scoping out what has been groomed, where their making snow, what chairlifts are running and it is easier than using the full trail / lift report.
I've read the trail descriptions and most of them give a nice blurb out the run.

The one for Reverse traverse needs to be fixed though.

Volkl Skier
02-21-2007, 03:40 PM
hmm I'm not exactly sure how you'd get from the gate house to reverse traverse.....

Lostone
02-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Uh... :oops: They meant off the Gatehouse lodge... Yeah... That's the ticket! :oops: They're saying You came out of the lodge the wrong way and this will get you back to the lodge to start over! :lol:

Good catch! That is why proofreaders are always good. That has probably been there for a while. :wink:

madhavok
02-21-2007, 08:45 PM
This is not a flame:

Here is a good one for Reverse Traverse,

Super Bravo's not running but you want to get to the summit? Reverse Traverse is your ticket to the Heaven's Gate!

Lostone
02-21-2007, 09:17 PM
That is better than mine:

"Stein's doesn't look as welcoming as it did from Bravo? Don't want to climb out to Snowball? Maybe... you want to give the impression you were heading for Murphy's." :lol:

But, to your original question, I use the interactive map all the time. Just this morning I was showing a couple guests I had, how to use it, and about the descriptions. Guess we never looked at Reverse Traverse. :roll: :wink:

And as for the path to Heaven's Gate, actually, when we know Bravo is down for a while, there are often ambassadors sent up Valley House to advise people about Reverse Traverse. 8)

shadyjay
02-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Super Bravo's not running but you want to get to the summit? Reverse Traverse is your ticket to the Heaven's Gate!

Yeah, well, that's great, but I'm on a board. So I guess I'm, well, you know, (insert word here).

madhavok
02-21-2007, 09:43 PM
And as for the path to Heaven's Gate, actually, when we know Bravo is down for a while, there are often ambassadors sent up Valley House to advise people about Reverse Traverse. 8)

DOH!

Just have the ambassadors send them to the Gatehouse, it would be better for me.

Yard Sale
02-22-2007, 11:09 AM

Yeah, well, that's great, but I'm on a board. So I guess I'm, well, you know, (insert word here).

Walking? :wink:

sugarboarder
02-22-2007, 03:32 PM

What's your point? I've said it before, and I'll say it again - WAX! :wink:

shadyjay
02-22-2007, 05:55 PM
[quote="sugarboarderWhat's your point? I've said it before, and I'll say it again - WAX! :wink:[/quote]

You can wax your board all you want, but there is zero pitch on that run... it's not like you can get a good start and keep going, unless you bomb it down VH Traverse and loop around, but we all know what happens there. :D

sugarboarder
02-22-2007, 08:43 PM
What's your point? I've said it before, and I'll say it again - WAX! :wink:

You can wax your board all you want, but there is zero pitch on that run... it's not like you can get a good start and keep going, unless you bomb it down VH Traverse and loop around, but we all know what happens there. :D

OK - believe what you want to believe, I can't help you obviously. I've been snowboarding here for 20 years, and I NEVER have had to click out and walk ANYWHERE, unless it was out the Long Trail to The Church or a similar place that EVERYBODY hikes or skins. I PASS most skiers on the traverses. But what do I know - I must be talking out my butt.

shadyjay
02-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Alright then, I'll wax my board and give it a try on the first run and I'll see what happens. I'll let you know what happens when I make it back to LP.

I'm sure its possible, but I've never experienced it.

MntMan4Bush
02-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Never? Never ever? How about cutting over from Exterminator over to Cliffs/Tumbler? But I generally agree even as a skier. Not just waxing, but using the right wax makes all the difference.

sugarboarder
02-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Never? Never ever? How about cutting over from Exterminator over to Cliffs/Tumbler? But I generally agree even as a skier. Not just waxing, but using the right wax makes all the difference.

1st part - now why would anyone want to do that? That's just poor trip planning! :wink:

2nd part - Agreed, if you aren't using the right wax you're just rubbing for no good reason (like TW :wink: )...but base prep has a lot to do with it too. A good world cup level base structure and hi-glide finish does wonders. If you take a fresh ground board, or skis, from your local discount tuning shop, complete with P-tex hairs still on it, you aren't going anywhere no matter what your wax is! The broad range thermoactive waxes from www.dominator.com are truly amazing and you just need 5 waxes (or even 4 if not racing) for all conditions - plus overlays if you race.

bsideindy
02-25-2007, 10:07 PM
OK - believe what you want to believe, I can't help you obviously. I've been snowboarding here for 20 years, and I NEVER have had to click out and walk ANYWHERE, unless it was out the Long Trail to The Church or a similar place that EVERYBODY hikes or skins. I PASS most skiers on the traverses. But what do I know - I must be talking out my butt.

maybe if you capitalize more words or describe your skills in absolutes we'll finally get your point

sugarboarder
02-26-2007, 10:19 AM

maybe if you capitalize more words or describe your skills in absolutes we'll finally get your point

Maybe if you find something else to do you won't be missed.

noski
02-26-2007, 10:21 AM

Boys, boys, boys.....

sugarboarder
02-26-2007, 11:53 AM

Boys, boys, boys.....

Hey, I'm trying to HELP (*notice capitalization) shadyjay, as a snowboarder with a lot of experience, and one who doesn't find traverses to be an impediment here at Sugarbush. No need for the immature comments by "bsideindy" - especially coming from someone who can't even use capitalization AT ALL...or punctuation for that matter. He/she deserves to be told to take a hike - and with only four posts and useful contributions like that, I'm sure nobody would notice if he/she got stuck on a traverse somehwere and disappeared. :wink:

P.S. - bside...capitalization is a way to emphasize words or point on the internet...see that, now even YOU have learned something!