PDA

View Full Version : Really bored... the 07/08 Map

shadyjay
02-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Okay, I'm really bored for a Monday (sorry) Tuesday night, so I decided to work on the 2007-2008 trail map. Basically, I took the '94-'95 map from sugarbushhistory.com and have begun modifying it. The reason why I chose this map is because I think the painting of North better represents the mountain than the version of the map from the past couple years. That, and in recent years, the actual map size has been decreasing. I think too much space is wasted on the present lift information section which doesn't even show ride times anymore. The best map in recent years was the year the current GMX was put in.

Anyway, here's my map... I'm working on it so its missing some things (including all wooded areas). I did remove some LOWER designations (Twist, Moonshine, etc) so that what is left is more "real" trails. Check it out...

http://www.shadyjay.com/2007-2008.JPG
(last revised 2-27- see below for revisions)

-Jay

Mike_451
02-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Ouch, 8 min rides on the Inveress Chair.

Strat
02-21-2007, 07:16 AM
Cool, nice work... I agree that that painting of North was a better representation, definitely a cool look...

Maybe you could use a slightly grayer color when you erase the lowers and whatnot? It's a bit...stark, haha...

8)

shadyjay
02-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Cool, nice work... I agree that that painting of North was a better representation, definitely a cool look...

Maybe you could use a slightly grayer color when you erase the lowers and whatnot? It's a bit...stark, haha...

8)

8)

Yes - after all, it is a work in progress :) . I'll work on it as time permits and tweak some things to make it look better. If I "borrow" pieces from other maps, like I did with the legend, it'll be better.

Update - 2/27
Completely reworked the SOUTH side, including copying the existing trail map so the tree areas are included. However, since I didn't like the fact that current trail maps don't show the gladed areas at South too well (the trees are filled in again), I cut and paste from other maps to get a better look, then had to scale the cut-and-paste images to make them fit. I did get the LOWER remains to be more "invisible", after all, I'm just using MSPaint here. Filled in most of the lift specs, though I still have a few to do - I need the line lengths for the SBE and North Lynx. Decided to keep the Clay Brook Triple name, although the MUBBLE nickname (Mall Double) did tickle my funnybone. Misc. information has been repositioned around the map. I still gotta put the NLL back on the South side along with the gladed areas at North. I really should be updating my web site instead of this map, but oh well. Life goes on.

http://www.shadyjay.com/2007-2008.JPG

Strat
02-27-2007, 08:17 PM
I feel like I should just give you Photoshop, haha... well I have an old version of Elements but it works well...

bill-now
02-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Wassup with the 7:75 Ride Time on the Heaven's Gate Chair?

BushMogulMaster
02-27-2007, 09:24 PM

Yeah... that's a new one :lol: .

Also, the ride times for Summit and Inverness are off. Inverness (last time I timed it, anyway) is closer to a 12 minute ride, and Summit is just about 8 minutes.

shadyjay
02-27-2007, 10:23 PM

Also, the ride times for Summit and Inverness are off. Inverness (last time I timed it, anyway) is closer to a 12 minute ride, and Summit is just about 8 minutes.

Ride times were taken from the first Summit Ventures trail map, the one with the reinstated GMX (2001/2002 IIRC).
According to that table, the longest lift ride is 10:50, and that's the C/R chair. SBE clocks in at 9:50. Inverness is posted as 8:00 and has been posted that since c 92/93(as far back as I go).

BTW, I would have used the 01/02 map as my base for modifications if it had the orientation of North that I like. The 01/02 map has a full version of the map, from the top to bottom, with keys and other info on far right, as to not block the view. I also like the "While On The Chair Lift...." suggestions. :D

BushMogulMaster
02-27-2007, 10:33 PM

Ride times were taken from the first Summit Ventures trail map, the one with the reinstated GMX (2001/2002 IIRC).
According to that table, the longest lift ride is 10:50, and that's the C/R chair. SBE clocks in at 9:50. Inverness is posted as 8:00 and has been posted that since c 92/93(as far back as I go).

Hmmmm... I'll time them tomorrow and let you know.

kcyanks1
02-27-2007, 11:09 PM
I feel like I should just give you Photoshop, haha... well I have an old version of Elements but it works well...

No, give him the GIMP. http://www.gimp.org/. Free. Open source.

BushMogulMaster
02-27-2007, 11:11 PM

I truly love open source software. I'm dual booting XP/Linux, and run Open Office as opposed to MS Office.

Anyways... sorry for the little hijack there.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming. :wink:

kcyanks1
02-27-2007, 11:47 PM

I truly love open source software. I'm dual booting XP/Linux, and run Open Office as opposed to MS Office.

One more post (well, I can't stop you from replying). I was dual booting on my previous computer, but now at least my own computer (as opposed to work, which I can't control), is Windows free. It's great, you should try it :-)

BushMogulMaster
02-28-2007, 08:25 AM

One more post (well, I can't stop you from replying). I was dual booting on my previous computer, but now at least my own computer (as opposed to work, which I can't control), is Windows free. It's great, you should try it :-)

Been there, done that. But I'm not the only one who uses my computer, and no one else seems to be able to handle the whole Linux thing. But I am going to buy a laptop at some point soon, and it will officially be Windows-free, and probably 100% Microsoft-free

BushMogulMaster
02-28-2007, 03:18 PM

Hmmmm... I'll time them tomorrow and let you know.

Inverness is exactly 10:30. Timed it today. Rode Summit twice, and forgot to time it. Oh well... tomorrow's another day!