PDA

View Full Version : 500th....

BushMogulMaster
02-20-2007, 12:50 PM
... post since November 19th. Which brings up an important question: do I have a life? The simple answer is, NOPE!

Lostone is very quickly approaching the big 1000th post. There should be a party for him :lol:

Lostone
03-02-2007, 09:40 PM
So... When's my party.

We could call it something like, "The Since You Don't Have A Life, Have A Party" party. :roll: :lol:

Actually, I was watching the post count, expecting to have a great post for my thousandth, but when I looked up... Kinda anti-climactic. :cry:

BushMogulMaster
03-02-2007, 10:16 PM
So... When's my party.

We could call it something like, "The Since You Don't Have A Life, Have A Party" party. :roll: :lol:

Actually, I was watching the post count, expecting to have a great post for my thousandth, but when I looked up... Kinda anti-climactic. :cry:

:lol:

These things happen.

But, Lostone, at the rate I'm going (about 5.5 posts/day), I'm not too far behind you. I'll catch up fast. I have far less of a life than you do!

Mike_451
03-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Who ever has the higest post count has no life what so ever, but that contradicts from the topic of this forum. Afterall- what non skier, winter hater, sits in their stuio apartment 24/7 super nerd would be doing posting here?

BushMogulMaster
03-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Who ever has the higest post count has no life what so ever

Yes, but I've been a member of the board for a full year less than Lostone, and I'm well over half way to his post count! :wink:

Mike_451
03-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Odd, because I think he skis more than you, but then again I have never ran into you that I know of out on the mountain.

BushMogulMaster
03-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Odd, because I think he skis more than you, but then again I have never ran into you that I know of out on the mountain.

Um, I doubt it. I ski every day. I've gotten in at least 65-70 days so far this season. I'm shooting for 110 or so. We'll see how spring turns out. But I'll spend my spring skiing hiking North and skiing MRV till it closes. I have no interest in skiing South in the spring. Sorry folks, South just doesn't do it for me!

Lostone
03-03-2007, 09:39 PM
I don't ski every day.

I do ski most days. I've just finished day 79, tho there were not a lot of runs, today. It was a work day and one without a ski cycle. Still, it was 79, and tomorrow... is another day. :wink:

And when you don't ski South... I will.

In fairness, were we to finist at North... I'd have skied there, too. :wink:

BushMogulMaster
03-03-2007, 09:55 PM
I don't ski every day.

I do ski most days. I've just finished day 79, tho there were not a lot of runs, today. It was a work day and one without a ski cycle. Still, it was 79, and tomorrow... is another day. :wink:

And when you don't ski South... I will.

In fairness, were we to finist at North... I'd have skied there, too. :wink:

I should really count my days more closely. Hmmm... I had about 25 before I got my new pass, my current pass says I've got about 40, I've skied (I think) 3 elsewhere, and several days at the Bush I was never actually scanned.

We're pretty close, Lostone.

Enjoy South... I'll be hiking FIS, and hosting a BBQ on the Glen House deck.

sugarboarder
03-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Enough with the counting!! :shock: :wink:

BushMogulMaster
03-03-2007, 10:49 PM

You're just jealous. :wink:

Lostone
03-03-2007, 10:59 PM
It is sad... :(

I don't count.

I have a watch that tracks runs and vertical.

I put that in a spreadsheet, with a bunch of other info, including which skis I used that day.

Wow! I just realized that I could figure the vertical each pair of skis did! :shock: :roll: :lol:

I should have scanned myself, today, to see what they say, but I have it recorded.

I really need to get out more! :oops: :lol:

Mike_451
03-03-2007, 11:21 PM
I lost count at 17

MntMan4Bush
03-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Now when you count days skiing do you count only full days? How about days that only have 1 or two runs? I have 23 full days so far (4 were out west) and one half day.

BMM - According to our original BBQ at North plan I may join you. I'll still ski South for as long as I can, but I'll bet we'll have a longer season at North. All are welcome to join.

sugarboarder
03-05-2007, 05:03 PM

You're just jealous. :wink:

I meant counting the posts.... :wink:

...but since we are on the subject, I've never been a ski/snowboard day counter, and always though it was a bit of a strange phenomenon. What is the purpose? As far as I can tell it is to try to impress people, or compare number of days with someone else and feel superior if you have more. Any time someone tells me the number of days they have, the next thing out of their mouth is "how many do you have"? It could mean the counter has no outside interests or friends?!?! :shock:

As long as we are counting, I have been breathing, for 1,064,340,000 minutes as of sometime tomorrow. :D

MntMan4Bush
03-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Quote:" As long as we are counting, I have been breathing, for 1,064,340,000 minutes as of sometime tomorrow. "

Don't count on it..... :lol:

I keep track of my days to make sure I can justify a season pass each year. I don't log enough days to simply assume I do so when the subject comes up I mention it usually just to see the look of disappointment if they haven't had nearly as much. It's the little things in life I enjoy. Oh, and I have friends. Yeah that's right friends. Real ones. Just ask them. Their names are.....ummmm...... Joe Smith.... and ummmm........