PDA

View Full Version : 2/15/07

BushMogulMaster
02-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Date(s) Skied: 2/15/07

Conditions: POWDER!

Trip Report:

Planned on skiing Mt. Ellen today, but obviously, the wind had plans of its own! Thought about hitting Castlerock, but realized that everyone and his brother were there, so lines would be rough. Decided around noon to head over to MRG for a half day. Good choice!

Drove up 17... parking lot was FULL! Headed for the Sunnyside double since the Single line was pretty long. Warmed up with Quacky - Bunny - Lower Grand Canyon. All were nice with somewhat choppy, deep, heavy, powder. A good warmup. Went for the Single, waited about 15 minutes in line. Not too bad. Hit Catamount - Lynx - Beaver. Catamount was pretty deep, beginning to bump up a bit. Very soft. Lynx and Beaver were similar, a little bit choppier, perhaps.

Rode the Single again and decided it was time to duck into Paradise. WOW! Beautiful! Soft and deep, with the usual cliffs and rocks here and there. Definitely the best run of the day. Some was bumpy, some was choppy, some was untracked, some was a bit icy. Didn't hit too much for rocks, etc. Definitely a blast! Rode the double again and skied Partridge, which was much like Paradise today. Some bump lines were showing up on Slalom... it will be perfect soon! Took one more ride on the Double and hit Panther. Conditions were a bit of a disappointment after Partridge. It was choppy with some freshies here and there, but not skied enough or powdery enough to be really skiable. Still fun, though.

Got one of the last chairs on the single and finished the day out with Chute - Liftline. Chute was soft and pretty well skied, but not yet bumping. Liftline still had quite a bit of fresh, and was DEEP! When I say deep, I mean... if you pole plant, your poles go completely under the snow! Great way to end a great day at MRG. The legs were burning!

Wanted to get a bunch of pics, but the camera battery died early... oh well. Here are the two I got:

http://www.sugarbushhistory.com/images/liftlinemrg.jpg

http://www.sugarbushhistory.com/images/sunnyside.jpg