PDA

View Full Version : C'mon, patrol........ learn to measure!

BushMogulMaster
02-15-2007, 08:31 AM
I was definitely disappointed when I saw the report on the website this morning of just 36" in the past 48 hours. Most of you saw the picture I posted of 32" of new snow at the BASE early last night. That means there's quite a bit more up on the mountain now. Maybe they measured where the wind had blown it around, or where ski tracks had already packed it some, but I know there is more snow up there. Or maybe they measured at Lincoln Peak... I mentioned yesterday that ME seemed to have significantly more snow. MRG's report says 40-48". That sounds more reasonable to me. Hopefully they'll measure again, and measure at Mt. Ellen to get an accurate report!

That said, this is really really really epic, and I can't wait to get on the hill! Although, it looks like lots of windholds today.

Lostone
02-15-2007, 08:37 AM
While my thoughts when hearing the report was more like "Where could they measure from at the peak?" If you were there, yesterday, you'd have seen the new ridge line in the middle of the travers over to Jester. It was created by all the snow, blowing off Organgrinder.

Still... Awful nice to read complaints about how accurate the 3' report is. :D

Lostone
02-15-2007, 08:45 AM
And now I have to go dig out...

her:

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/Assorted_Pix/t100_1826c.jpg

:cry:

freeheel_skier
02-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Nah! Just go out and ski....worry about it later :lol: Just use your ole thumb to get into town :D

Where I grew up once you shoveled out your spot, you put a trash barrel out claiming your spot :shock: Don't even think of moving my barrel :lol:

ski_resort_observer
02-15-2007, 09:03 AM
On WCAX last night Warren reported 39".

BushMogulMaster
02-15-2007, 09:11 AM
On WCAX last night Warren reported 39".

I just measured 42" in a relatively wind-protected spot outside my door (base of ME). Also measured a 55" drift!

BushMogulMaster
02-15-2007, 09:37 AM
WOW – what a snow event! It seems to have let up, but we are buried. Patrol just reported an official 4 FEET up top, and 38" at the base.

That's better!

gratefulskier
02-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Jay Peak is reporting a 48 hour total of 59". It appears that they are also completely closed by wind right now.

GolfingOwl
02-15-2007, 10:31 AM
According the Sugarbush website Snow Report, 4 feet up top and 38" at base.