PDA

View Full Version : I almost fell walking from GH lodge to the wooden walkway

TimKeogh
02-14-2007, 11:45 AM
I never really considered this an issue, until I almost wiped out last Saturday.

It was not that I worry about hurting myself as much as others...

I had my skis over my shoulders, carrying my poles. wearing my boots - typical.

It was around 3:20, hurrying to get the shuttle back to ME, and there were a lot of people & little kids all around me.

As I was flailing (sp?) my arms around to help regain my balance - my skis and poles could have easily hurt someone badly.

Had I gone down (somehow I recovered) my skis/poles definitely would have hit someone.

Maybe next time I will carry my skis under my arm to keep them more under control in the event of a fall.

Tim

Tin Woodsman
02-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I've fallen. And I can't get up!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/38/Lifecall-1.jpg

Perhaps you should try LifeAlert?

Seriously though, this issue has been raised before. The plaza is slippery and has lead to a number of falls. I'm sure some sort of solution is on the list of to-do's for the off-season.

TimKeogh
02-14-2007, 12:08 PM
ROFLMAO !

Looks like my leg got amputated in the fall...

At least my granny-panties aren't showing!

HowieT2
02-14-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm pretty steady on my feet (most of the time) and I nearly lost it twice. IMHO it is so dangerous there should be a temporary solution, whatever that may be, ASAP.

MntMan4Bush
02-14-2007, 01:16 PM
A friend of mine went down 3 times after walking out of Timbers (Granted there were a couple beers involved but only 2 at most so it wasn't a major contributor) It made for a good laugh because she wasn't hurt, but anything can happen. Now if it happened to me it wouldn't be funny at all. Certainly not... Who am I kidding. It would be like watching a monkey with a fedora on knit a sweater.

Last Saturday I saw this guy carrying his skis start to slip and his jerky motion caused him to throw his skis to try and catch his balance. Luckily no one was in front of him. He didn't look to happy getting up. I almost think leaving a layer of snow on top might work best or some hay. It worked before the change.