PDA

View Full Version : Place your bets. How much snow?

tymoguls
02-12-2007, 10:03 PM
OK Folks. It's time to place your bet (before the storm arrives). How much are we going to get? Official sugarbush snow report for prior 72 hours as of Saturday morning will be considered "truth." I'm betting the law of averages. NWS has over forecast all of the prior storms this winter. This time I'm betting on an under forecast. 28-31" for me.

Mike_451
02-13-2007, 12:31 AM
DONT JYNX IT :evil:

Strat
02-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Just can't post an amount...

ski_resort_observer
02-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Just listened to Roger Hill, our local weather guy. He predicts that this storm will be historical and will be known as "the Valentine's Day Storm". He is predicting 30" to 48" for the area ski resorts. Lots of wind in the afternoon and the first flakes will start at 3AM. Getting to the mountain Wednesday morning should not be a problem, luckily getting home in the late afternoon is all downhill. :lol: I think I'm going to really regret that my big truck is on the coast of Maine.

Plowboy...you better get some sleep tonight cause your going to be pretty busy for several days after it hits. :lol:

MntMan4Bush
02-13-2007, 09:15 AM
OK. Is the question what do we think or what do we want? I think that in addition to the snow we're getting from the storm the Jay Cloud and its notorious snow making ability will dump an additional 1 mile of snow on top of the 23 inches I predict we get. That's right. 1 mile and 23 inches. that's 5281 feet 13 inches. The woods will finally be ready. Of course given the Jay Cloud's snow status is usually imaginary we'll probably only be skiing on 23 inches, but it will feel like over a mile of fresh.

(Hmmm has someone been burned by Jay's weather and snow reports before and perhaps a little bitter. Maybe)

kcyanks1
02-13-2007, 10:01 AM
OK. Is the question what do we think or what do we want? I think that in addition to the snow we're getting from the storm the Jay Cloud and its notorious snow making ability will dump an additional 1 mile of snow on top of the 23 inches I predict we get. That's right. 1 mile and 23 inches. that's 5281 feet 13 inches. The woods will finally be ready. Of course given the Jay Cloud's snow status is usually imaginary we'll probably only be skiing on 23 inches, but it will feel like over a mile of fresh.

(Hmmm has someone been burned by Jay's weather and snow reports before and perhaps a little bitter. Maybe)

Slightly, harsh? :-) Jay does get more snow, even if the "Cloud" may be over-promoted at times. I agree their forecasts often are overly optimistic -- but they are forecasts, not reports of what happened. You can get a forecast from other places. Are their reports (after the fact) really less accurate than most other places?

BushMogulMaster
02-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Slightly, harsh? :-) Jay does get more snow, even if the "Cloud" may be over-promoted at times. Are their reports (after the fact) really less accurate than most other places?

Yes!

MntMan4Bush
02-13-2007, 10:21 AM
My last memory of Jay was coming up to our house in Warren late Friday night and having some beers. Now it's 3 in the morning and someone suggests hauling A up to Jay because he heard they got dumped on. Doubting his report we called their snow phone and listened to the recording. 18 inches of fresh! Unreal. How could you not go when SB had none and it was during a long drought of snow last season. Up at 6 AM, convinced the wives of the logic in our plan, listened to the snow phone agian to confirm and we start our journey tired, but eager to ski. We get there. The trails were groomed to a fine sheen of ice. OK, No problem. Perhaps they were able to crunch all the pow in the time they had it, but there surely must be some in the woods. None. Bare. Dirt and rocks. Ice and bad ice. There was no way they got anything more than 3 inches if they got any at all. Haven't been back since. Now I will likely give it another shot because everyone always talks about how great the snow is and how much they have, but I'm convinced that the management approached those people and said "If you promise to tell everyone there was a ton of snow when you went and it was great we'll buy your ticket back from you and give you this nice oilcan of Labatts Blue."

Now that said I'll probably find myself up there again to give it a shot, but that's because I'm a sucker. I'm like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football only the football is the promise of powder and I don't have a yellow sweater with black stripes across the chest. I have exactly 47 days left of bitterness left in me, then I'll let it go.

Plowboy
02-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Plowboy...you better get some sleep tonight cause your going to be pretty busy for several days after it hits. :lol:

SRO, Sleep?????????????? Bring it on. :lol: This winter has changed like the "color of her MANE". :wink: "It's beautiful :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: "