PDA

View Full Version : Timbers Revisited

MntMan4Bush
02-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Since I started the last thread I felt the need to share my experience this weekend at Timbers and give credit and commendation where in order. To start off it was 100 times better. The service was a complete 180. The second my wife came in on Saturday with our friends (I stayed out a bit later) she was immediately served a beer. As soon as I came in and sat down Darren, our waiter, noticed and offered me a drink. Another friend came in and he was on top of it. Looking around we noticed there were quite a few waitstaff, one person who was just walking around observing to see where help may be needed and directing staff (Didn't catch her name, but she was doing a fantastic job) and also a woman, Barbara, who made sure our bowl of pretzels and nuts were never empty. To say I was floored by the change in service in such short notice is an understatement and it looked like everyone else in the Apres area was getting similar special treatment. Then when a menu was handed to me I saw that it was a true Apres menu. It was a bit more upscale than a bar type setting, but it was perfect for the Timbers atmosphere and exactly what I was hoping for. I wasn't even hungry and we had a big meal back at our ski house prepared, but I had to order some wings because the effort was made on SB's part to get them out there and who would I be to pass on them. The wings, while at first I was bummed they were not buffalo, were very spicey and probably some of the best wings I've had in a while.

Win - If you are reading this please take the time to pass along our gratitude to the staff for a job well done and on such short notice with special thanks to Darren and Barbara. We wished we could have stuck around longer that night. We'll be sure to next Saturday. (By the way I was the one who approached you shortly after you came in to thank you personally)

Also on the way in that morning my wife was struggling with her skis (she came with the late crowd from our house) and there was a "sherpa" there that came up and helped her with her stuff and carried her skis up for her. She was so excited about this because we'd never heard of this before and very grateful. It was a chilly morning and they were working hard.

win
02-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Many thanks for both introducing yourself on Saturday and for your comments today. I did pass along your comments to the Timbers team, but I will also share your thread with them today. Thanks for commenting on the "Sugar Sherpas". We introduced this weekend and holdiay service this year and are receiving some nice compliments like those of your wife.

A bit of new snow coming down right now, and we have our fingers crossed for getting the first "big one" on Wednesday!

MntMan4Bush
02-12-2007, 09:07 AM
My pleasure Win. I think it's easy to get caught up in saying what could be better, but it's equally important if not more so to give thanks and show appreciation when things go incredibly well. Hopefully before you share the thread others will have added their comments. It looked to me like things were going well for all. I know 007 has already commented on the old Timbers thread.

We're all doing the snow dance this week. That would make 3 great weekends of fresh in a row.