PDA

View Full Version : North 2/10/07

Strat
02-10-2007, 04:28 PM
What an awesome day!

Didn't get out till 12:30... getting very big on the 3 hour "days", haha... up GMX, very little line all day... first run, North Star... GORGEOUS packed pow... holding an edge was almost effortless, just perfect sliding glide.... up again, North Star again, just because it was so good... up North Ridge, down Elbow... the same gloriousness, soft floats of pow on the sides... decided to take North Way over to Inverness, thinking of Walt's or Semi-Tough... decided to head to Walt's first... absolutely excellent... lots of pow pillows all over the sides, really, really nice packed pow in the middle... wasn't necessarily thinking of the woods when we headed to Inverness, but I managed to convince my sister (who had never really been in the woods before) to push herself out of her comfort zone and learn to eat some bark... it was excellent... we decided to hit Semi-Tough and its woods after as well... I enjoy on-the-map woods very much... a nice foot of fresh over a solid base, didn't hit any real snakes of note, a few rocks here and there in the steep parts of Semi-Tough, but huge swaths of untracked that were slashable... did 5-6 laps on the I... now if only we could get it to run a little faster! Excellent, excellent day, so glad we went out...

Oh, and to top it off, we rode all the way to the car... parked on the right side of the lot (one tier below the Fiddlehead Road) and we were able to slide all the way down (with at least one foot strapped in at all times)... so much fun...

YAY FOR POW!!

8)

BushMogulMaster
02-10-2007, 08:05 PM
What an awesome day!

Didn't get out till 12:30... getting very big on the 3 hour "days", haha... up GMX, very little line all day... first run, North Star... GORGEOUS packed pow... holding an edge was almost effortless, just perfect sliding glide.... up again, North Star again, just because it was so good... up North Ridge, down Elbow... the same gloriousness, soft floats of pow on the sides... decided to take North Way over to Inverness, thinking of Walt's or Semi-Tough... decided to head to Walt's first... absolutely excellent... lots of pow pillows all over the sides, really, really nice packed pow in the middle... wasn't necessarily thinking of the woods when we headed to Inverness, but I managed to convince my sister (who had never really been in the woods before) to push herself out of her comfort zone and learn to eat some bark... it was excellent... we decided to hit Semi-Tough and its woods after as well... I enjoy on-the-map woods very much... a nice foot of fresh over a solid base, didn't hit any real snakes of note, a few rocks here and there in the steep parts of Semi-Tough, but huge swaths of untracked that were slashable... did 5-6 laps on the I... now if only we could get it to run a little faster! Excellent, excellent day, so glad we went out...

Oh, and to top it off, we rode all the way to the car... parked on the right side of the lot (one tier below the Fiddlehead Road) and we were able to slide all the way down (with at least one foot strapped in at all times)... so much fun...

YAY FOR POW!!

8)

I second everything Strat said (except that I was on skis, not a board!). Fantastic day, and the Semi-Tough woods were a blast. Way Back woods are great too. Bravo, Exterm, Tumbler, Hammerhead, Encore all great with nice, soft bumps. Only skied FIS once pretty early, and there was some fresh stuff on the top 2/3. The bottom was windblown and icy as you can imagine. Also, Lookin Good was by far some of the softest corduroy skiing I've done all year! Beautiful! Snowmaking on the bottom of Cliffs from the past couple of days was a bit solid, but edgable. Which Way was great... very nice fresh snowmaking. I think I'll spend some time on the South side tomorrow. Perhaps another report will follow.

shadyjay
02-10-2007, 08:13 PM
I'll THIRD everything said already. .....

Was out at North from 10Am to 3Pm today and it couldn't have been better. Rode several trails for my first time ever, including Brambles, Semi-Tough, and Inverness. The side of Inverness where the poma is was the best with nice powder. ST wasn't as bad as I thought it would be with lots of nice powder. Lots of lines through the woods but I didn't take it that far. Brambles was great as well, after the ski school went past but I past them on the steep section. Nice to see that trail open - usually its closed due to racing.

Went back to lapping the summit after that (where I started in the AM) and was really in the zone espec down Lookin' Good. Started going a little insane (constant riding by yourself will do that) but thank god I got my headphone helmet. Yes, I was the freak jamming/singing the whole way down the mtn.

One heck of an awesome day. I'll have the report posted on my website by the beginning of the week. Tomorrow, its off to Lincoln Peak with a 1/2 off coupon. Hope it'll be just as good as today, if not better!

-Jay

Strat
02-11-2007, 04:11 PM
I am officially in love with Semi-Tough Woods.

I should really stop advertising this.