PDA

View Full Version : Last week of February or last week of March

thedoggabby
02-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Hello,

I'm planning on a family vacation to Sugarbush and am trying to determine the better of my two available weeks, which are the last week of Feb or the last week of March. Does Sugarbush usually still have all of their terrain open in late March? I'm worried about late Feb being too cold for my children (5 and 9). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

freeheel_skier
02-05-2007, 10:28 PM
The last week of Feb. should be nice. March is always the best month @ SB (imho). However the end of March could be the beginning of spring like conditions. I would go with the last week in Feb. But that is just me :D

Treeskier
02-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Go for it. Do both. Feb. can be cold. But as Freeheel Skier put it March is our snowest month. And a little corn is great fun. Have fun.

TimKeogh
02-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Hello,

I'm planning on a family vacation to Sugarbush and am trying to determine the better of my two available weeks, which are the last week of Feb or the last week of March. Does Sugarbush usually still have all of their terrain open in late March? I'm worried about late Feb being too cold for my children (5 and 9). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Vermont schools are on vacation 2/26 - 3/02. So if you come that week make sure to reserve spots in ski school for your kiddos

ski_resort_observer
02-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Hello,

Dan

Vermont schools are on vacation 2/26 - 3/02. So if you come that week make sure to reserve spots in ski school for your kiddos

The vacation week of Vermont schools has no effect on the holiday(very busy during that week) situation as it's the school holiday vacation periods from NJ, NY, CT and MA that impact the Bush and every other resort. This year the President's holiday period is 2/16-2/23. The actual holiday is on 2/19. It's easy to check, just look at the blackout dates on your SP.

As Tim says you definately need to make your ski school res ASAP. Call 1-800-53-SUGAR to check availibility and to make a res if your coming during the holiday week.

This is just a general FYI as the original poster's time period in Feb is not a holiday period but if other states in addition to Vermont take their school vacation the last week in Feb. then it would certainly be prudent to call and check. Better be safe than sorry.