PDA

View Full Version : ME 2/05

freeheel_skier
02-05-2007, 07:54 PM
I woke up this am to the thermometer reading 5 deg. F :shock: Is it too cold to ski???? Nah! Peer presure works great when you apply it to your younger brother. :lol: We got to the Hill around 9am. Went up the GMX to the Summit chair. The ride up wasn't as cold as we thought it would be. Visibility was very flat. Skied Rim Run to Exterminator. Rim Run skied very nice. There was about 1/2"- 1" of wind blown to freshen it up from the weekend. Headed down Exterminator in very flat light.....didn't have any depth perception. Made for interesting skiing. There was some new snow that blew in and filled the troughs. The new snow was nice but wind crusty/slabby. Conditions on Exterm were great! :D Continued down lower Exterm. Things got even better! The sides of the trail had freshie gallore....even if it was wind blown :wink: Northstar skied very nice with a little bit of dust ont op of the corduroy corduroy. Took the North Ridge and elbow down to the summit chair. Elbow skied like everything else....AWESOME! Got down to the Summit chair where my brother noticed I had some frostbite on my nose :shock: so we went in to the Glenn House to warm up. After a brief break we road up the summit chair. Couldn't believe how quiet it was....very peaceful. The ride up wasn't too cold either. Skied Rim Run to Looking Good. Looking Good was looking GREAT! Hands started to get real cold real fast. Decided that it was time to pack it in. Made our way over to Crusier, which is when the wind started to really pick up! :shock: The run down to the base lodge was very cold! Overall the skiing was great! Too cold to stay out for very long IMHO. I felt bad for all the lycra clad racers today on Inverness. However it looked like many of them were spending time in the Lodge.

BushMogulMaster
02-05-2007, 07:56 PM
I woke up this am to the thermometer reading 5 deg. F :shock: Is it too cold to ski???? Nah! Peer presure works great when you apply it to your younger brother. :lol: We got to the Hill around 9am. Went up the GMX to the Summit chair. The ride up wasn't as cold as we thought it would be. Visibility was very flat. Skied Rim Run to Exterminator. Rim Run skied very nice. There was about 1/2"- 1" of wind blown to freshen it up from the weekend. Headed down Exterminator in very flat light.....didn't have any depth perception. Made for interesting skiing. There was some new snow that blew in and filled the troughs. The new snow was nice but wind crusty/slabby. Conditions on Exterm were great! :D Continued down lower Exterm. Things got even better! The sides of the trail had freshie gallore....even if it was wind blown :wink: Northstar skied very nice with a little bit of dust ont op of the corduroy corduroy. Took the North Ridge and elbow down to the summit chair. Elbow skied like everything else....AWESOME! Got down to the Summit chair where my brother noticed I had some frostbite on my nose :shock: so we went in to the Glenn House to warm up. After a brief break we road up the summit chair. Couldn't believe how quiet it was....very peaceful. The ride up wasn't too cold either. Skied Rim Run to Looking Good. Looking Good was looking GREAT! Hands started to get real cold real fast. Decided that it was time to pack it in. Made our way over to Crusier, which is when the wind started to really pick up! :shock: The run down to the base lodge was very cold! Overall the skiing was great! Too cold to stay out for very long IMHO. I felt bad for all the lycra clad racers today on Inverness. However it looked like many of them were spending time in the Lodge.

Glad to hear you had a good day. The coldest days are often the quietest... which makes them some of the best! :D

skiladi
02-06-2007, 09:55 PM

Glad to hear you had a good day. The coldest days are often the quietest... which makes them some of the best! :D

Just about had CR to myself today. Saw more peeps on LL than anything else up there today but snow cover was better on CRR. Did Middleearth also and poked around in the trees. Need more snow in there still. Thought about Rumble but Hubby wasn't up for it and we were together , after all. ; }

Bubba
02-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Skied at Mt Snow on Mon and Tues for a PSIA clinic.
Holy cow! All I could keep saying was "where's the snow?"
All wind scoured and nasty.
We have SO much more here it is boggling.

Also heard while I was there that Killington and Pico have been sold to a group of investors out of Park City for 84.5 million.

BushMogulMaster
02-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Skied at Mt Snow on Mon and Tues for a PSIA clinic.
Holy cow! All I could keep saying was "where's the snow?"
All wind scoured and nasty.
We have SO much more here it is boggling.

Also heard while I was there that Killington and Pico have been sold to a group of investors out of Park City for 84.5 million.

We must never take for granted the incredible conditions at the 'Bush! :D

Re: Killington and Pico sale... everyone's talking about this rumour. Check out the thread about it: http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=747