PDA

View Full Version : Detinators play again!

Treeskier
01-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Aaron, Tom and the boys play the Phenox Saturday night after skiing. Some fine blues. This should stay on the Sugarbush board....it is walking distance and alturntive to the crouded Castlerock pub.

EXskier
01-31-2007, 10:54 AM
.........and $2 Pabst Blue Ribbons!!

CapeSkiGuy
01-31-2007, 01:44 PM
That place could be a lot better. The bartenders need some training. Also, the downstairs never seems to be operating. I wonder why?

sugarboarder
01-31-2007, 03:58 PM
That place could be a lot better. The bartenders need some training. Also, the downstairs never seems to be operating. I wonder why?

Tax write-off / shelter??

Lostone
01-31-2007, 04:40 PM
It's a dive. :roll:

Treeskier
01-31-2007, 08:12 PM
It's an under funded local operating a BAR. Come out and give him some support.

Lostone
01-31-2007, 08:27 PM
He isn't local. He's from Jersey. :roll:

freeheel_skier
02-01-2007, 08:43 AM
We're all from somewhere else....just transplants who have voting rights! :lol:

Plowboy
02-01-2007, 08:47 AM
He isn't local. He's from Jersey. :roll:

Yo, what exit?

ski_resort_observer
02-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Both events sound great! Since this thread has turned into music in the valley this weekend I wanted to mention an incredible event this Friday at noski's church, she runs the place with an iron fist...:lol::wink:the United Church in Waitsfield, at 7PM on Friday called "Voices of the Valley" featuring Elizabeth Von Trapp(she's incredible) and other local talent benefitting the local chapter of Habitat For Humanity. Suggested donation is 10 bucks. Be there AND be square...lol

noski
02-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Both events sound great! Since this thread has turned into music in the valley this weekend I wanted to mention an incredible event this Friday at noski's church, she runs the place with an iron fist...:lol::wink:the United Church in Waitsfield, at 7PM on Friday called "Voices of the Valley" featuring Elizabeth Von Trapp(she's incredible) and other local talent benefitting the local chapter of Habitat For Humanity. Suggested donation is 10 bucks. Be there AND be square...lol

Thank you, thank you BUT Saturday at 7pm, not Friday at 7pm..... If you go, you will surely see me demean myself in the South Pacific Sailors number..... I will be the one heavily armed.

ski_resort_observer
02-01-2007, 11:05 AM
oops....thanks for the quick reply/correction but I knew my post would draw you in here.....:lol:

Tin Woodsman
02-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Is the Aaron in the Detonators the same guy from the Dave Grippo Funk Band?

BushMogulMaster
02-01-2007, 07:19 PM

You mean the Sklar Grippo Sextet, or another Grippo group?

Tin Woodsman
02-01-2007, 07:30 PM

You mean the Sklar Grippo Sextet, or another Grippo group?
Another Grippo group.

random_ski_guy
02-01-2007, 10:09 PM
I believe I saw a skier with detonators sweatshirt cruising down ripcord today....could be wrong..

greenmtnboy
02-02-2007, 04:06 PM

Most of you are transplants with just an opinion!!!!

freeheel_skier
02-02-2007, 10:48 PM

Most of you are transplants with just an opinion!!!!

Yeh. :? That's right Ehtan Allan....whatever? :roll:

Treehugger
02-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Yeah, the place is a dive; the owner is no local; it's a tax shelter; the bartenders suck; Aaron Hersey plays bass with the Grippo Funk Band; They're not that good.

castlerock
02-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Yeah, the place is a dive; the owner is no local; it's a tax shelter; the bartenders suck; Aaron Hersey plays bass with the Grippo Funk Band; They're not that good.

For all the complaining about the dimensions of the pub, here is a viable alternative. It has a much more authentic feel than the new construction at the mountain. The people that work there have more on the line. I've been in there a few times, and gotten great service.

In addition, as to comments about it being a tax shelter, the whole concept of a tax shelter is ridiculous, it makes as much sense as the comment, "I don't want to make any more money, as I'll have to pay more taxes". Yes, losses can offset profits, but losses are losses.

Treehugger
02-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Castlerock, we're talking about the Pheonix ( usta be China Moon) at S'Bush Village. Just goofing on the owner - Omar - and Aaron Hersey's band. I'm friends with both of them. That said, I stand behind my last post.

sugarboarder
02-04-2007, 04:31 PM
On the plus side - one of the bartenders looks a little like Liv Tyler.