PDA

View Full Version : Yowzah! Great Changes at the Bush

Talisman
01-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Saturday was a great day of skiing at Sugarbush despite the cool temps at the start of the day. This was the first trip since last season and while I am not completely over surrendering my parking spot to a condo complex. The condo complex looks great in the finished form. The new Gatehouse lodge is awesome. The relationship between guest services, the bag storage room and lavatories was nice. The birch wood shelving in the bag room had a nice form, fit and finction. The condo side of the lodge could use a few more ski racks.

The light snow showers made it seem like a winter wonder land on the hill. Finding groomed snow on Stein's Run was a nice treat for some steep cruiser runs. The cool temperatures in the morning seemed to keep people away from Castle Rock and I made many laps on the chair and it was literally ski on. The natural snow was variable in places, but Lower Castle Rock held lots of uncut powdery fluff.

I think Sugarbush did an excellent job with snow making and appreciated terrain being open letting the patron decide if the trail cover was acceptable. Playing on the snow making whales on Spring Fling and the snowmaking over spray on Morning Star was really fun. I was a little disappointed the Slidebrook wasn't open as I wanted to hit a few of my favorite trails at North and I will have to save that for my next visit.

Sugarbush delivered an excellent ski day and judging from the full parking lots people are noticing the improvements. I hope to be back next weekend.

BushMogulMaster
01-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Saturday was a great day of skiing at Sugarbush despite the cool temps at the start of the day. This was the first trip since last season and while I am not completely over surrendering my parking spot to a condo complex. The condo complex looks great in the finished form. The new Gatehouse lodge is awesome. The relationship between guest services, the bag storage room and lavatories was nice. The birch wood shelving in the bag room had a nice form, fit and finction. The condo side of the lodge could use a few more ski racks.

The light snow showers made it seem like a winter wonder land on the hill. Finding groomed snow on Stein's Run was a nice treat for some steep cruiser runs. The cool temperatures in the morning seemed to keep people away from Castle Rock and I made many laps on the chair and it was literally ski on. The natural snow was variable in places, but Lower Castle Rock held lots of uncut powdery fluff.

I think Sugarbush did an excellent job with snow making and appreciated terrain being open letting the patron decide if the trail cover was acceptable. Playing on the snow making whales on Spring Fling and the snowmaking over spray on Morning Star was really fun. I was a little disappointed the Slidebrook wasn't open as I wanted to hit a few of my favorite trails at North and I will have to save that for my next visit.

Sugarbush delivered an excellent ski day and judging from the full parking lots people are noticing the improvements. I hope to be back next weekend.

Glad to hear you had a good experience. Slidebrook did open on Sunday, so it looks like you missed it by a day :cry: . Hopefully it will be spinning for you next time you come. Definitely make sure you hit North... the skiing is fantastic. Natural trails are nice and soft, and the fresh snowmaking on Cliffs is great. :D

sugarboarder
01-29-2007, 08:55 PM
This was the first trip since last season and while I am not completely over surrendering my parking spot to a condo complex. The condo complex looks great in the finished form.

Silly Talisman...those aren't "condos", those are "slopeside residences"!!

BushMogulMaster
01-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Silly Talisman...those aren't "condos", those are "slopeside residences"!!

:lol: