PDA

View Full Version : Win TV

01-29-2007, 03:54 PM
JJ asked me to post this here:

A heads-up for anyone looking to watch some good TV tonight: Win is going to be the special guest tonight on CEO Corner, a half-hour program that airs at 8:30 on NECN (New England Cable News.) CEO Corner is a weekly program designed to give viewers the opportunity to hear business leaders discuss the challenges and opportunities facing their industry. The show is a one-on-one conversation with host Maryanne Kane and focuses on individuals whose decisions effect thousands of jobs and, to some extent, are the leaders who shape New England's business landscape. Past guests have included the CEO of Exxon Mobil, the CEO and founder of the NASDAQ, the CEO of Qwest Communications, etc.

BushMogulMaster
01-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Very cool. I'll be sure to check that out!

Thanks, Greg (and JJ)!

:D

notorious
01-29-2007, 04:00 PM
A reminder of why we need NECN in the valley cable package. I have expressed this to the provider in the past.

ski_resort_observer
01-29-2007, 04:06 PM
A reminder of why we need NECN in the valley cable package. I have expressed this to the provider in the past.

Yuppers on that....they had a write-up in the BFP a couple of days ago about Win being on the show. I was bummed the valley didn't get the station. Maybe they can re-run it on RSN(12) or even 44.

Mike_451
01-29-2007, 10:57 PM
How about streaming it online?

random_ski_guy
01-30-2007, 08:52 AM
It would be really great to see this interview. Hopefully the mtn can put it on their website.

notorious
01-30-2007, 08:55 AM
After having just read the SKI Mag article (which had just about the right touch), I watched Win's interview on NECN. Excellent.The Bush came off as environmentally friendly, respectful of the MRV and its special qualities, fantastic terrain, and a four season experience. Win also emphasized the owner's commitment to one resort in the face of expected future consolidation in the ski industry.

ski_resort_observer
01-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Win also emphasized the owner's commitment to one resort in the face of expected future consolidation in the ski industry.

If you made a list of all the major resorts in the country it's almost shocking how few single resort owners/operators there are left in the ski business.

Companies like ASC, Intrawest(sold to equity firm(Fortress) recently), Booth Creek, Vail Resorts, Boyne, Triple Peaks and Powder Inc plus several others own the majority of resorts. I guess on paper consolidation looks like a winner in some respects but employee satisfaction is very low, for example. Last season the employees at Trembant(Intrawest) went on strike during the holiday season. Obviously this has not worked out real well for ASC but Vail and Intrawest(before it returned to private) has done very well, financially.

The result is just another reason why the Bush stands out above the crowd and makes the future look very bright for everyone involved.

01-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Win made some really good points last night on NECN.

Standing [virtually alone] out in a crowd of corporate acquisitions is tough to do, especially when there must be people at the front door promising big $ for the sale of our little gem.
Hopefully Win remains passionate and SV profitable enough for many many years to come, and he retains the charm, heritage, and beauty of Sugarbush, and continues to improve the guest experience that we are all glad to see happening.
We should be proud of what is being acomplished in such a short amount of time, and look forward to what is still yet to come.
As residents and owners of property in the valley, we can all count on increased future value and sensible growth through the efforts of the people who truly care about the place.

Bravo Win.

sugarboarder
01-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Ditto Bravo!

skiladi
01-30-2007, 09:55 PM
JJ asked me to post this here:

A heads-up for anyone looking to watch some good TV tonight: Win is going to be the special guest tonight on CEO Corner, a half-hour program that airs at 8:30 on NECN (New England Cable News.) CEO Corner is a weekly program designed to give viewers the opportunity to hear business leaders discuss the challenges and opportunities facing their industry. The show is a one-on-one conversation with host Maryanne Kane and focuses on individuals whose decisions effect thousands of jobs and, to some extent, are the leaders who shape New England's business landscape. Past guests have included the CEO of Exxon Mobil, the CEO and founder of the NASDAQ, the CEO of Qwest Communications, etc.

:? Oh , I thought we were having a raffle. ; }

shadyjay
01-30-2007, 10:00 PM
How about streaming it online?

No problem there.....
http://www.boston.com/news/necn/Shows/ceo_corner/

-Jay

freeheel_skier
01-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the link! :wink:

smootharc
01-31-2007, 09:07 AM
And while Win's suit and tie were excellent.....a helmet and goggles, perhaps, would have finished off the look. :wink:

random_ski_guy
01-31-2007, 09:56 AM
And while Win's suit and tie were excellent.....a helmet and goggles, perhaps, would have finished off the look. :wink:

funny...

great interview.

Mike_451
02-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Win is an awsome guy, I really get the sense he loves running SB and that is the reason behind the purcahse. Afterall, if we had the cash he has, what would we do with it?

freeheel_skier
02-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Win is an awsome guy, I really get the sense he loves running SB and that is the reason behind the purcahse. Afterall, if we had the cash he has, what would we do with it?

You must mean working capital... :wink: