PDA

View Full Version : Wunderbar for Busy Weekends??

EXskier
01-29-2007, 02:29 PM
How about opening up the Wunderbar for busy weekends. No one could or wanted to jam into the Castle Rock Pub last weekend(or the slow weekends for that matter). The little Pub is not cutting it and we want Apre!!(its a part of what makes skiing fun) Timbers is for a different crowd than my house. Also at the end of the day we want to sit back with some beers, have some fun and look at the Mountain that makes Sugarbush the best Mtn in the East!!

Edit to fix title... Lostone

Double Edit: I split out the GSL related stuff at the end of the thread into its own topic.

Plowboy
01-29-2007, 02:42 PM
I voted old CRP, but spring or nice weather it would be the DECK @ ME.

ski_resort_observer
01-29-2007, 02:58 PM
nice weather it would be the DECK @ ME.

A big 10-4 on that one. BTW, is that a Downeaster you replaced the old sander with I saw on your rig in the parking lot yesterday? Maine made tough!

EXskier
01-29-2007, 03:43 PM
For me it was the Wunderbar midseason and I can't argue your choice of the Deck at Mt Ellen in the spring. Glad its still there..

Tin Woodsman
01-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Unfortunately the Wunderbar ain't happenin as the upstairs at the VH is currently walled off as a Pizzagalli office.

greenmtnboy
01-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Pizzagalli should hold up in their job trailer instead of taking up valuable space.

BTW, I thought I could get a quick lunch at the CRP Sunday, wasn't too busy in there, but it ended up taking 2 1/2 hours by the time we got our order and out of there. 5 people at the table, afte waiting for 20 minutes, I had to get up and stop the waitress and ask her to come over, she took our order and brought half of it, one chili was cold, one sandwich never made it, and then it was all we could to get the check.

Too bad for the mountain, I've spent a lot of money over the years on food and beverage, but I sure am saving a lot of money this year!!!

skigal
01-29-2007, 04:45 PM
GMB...
I already posted on the lunch experience. See Win's response in the Castlerock Pub thread.

shadyjay
01-29-2007, 10:24 PM
I miss the Mushroom - that was a fav of me and my cousins and other friends who would come up. We'd always end the day there, have a few beers, then either head back to the condo or take the "lunch" trail home. Now that odd shaped room sits vacant.. for now. What are the eventual plans for the V/H anyway?

-Jay

Tin Woodsman
01-29-2007, 11:24 PM
What are the eventual plans for the V/H anyway?

http://www.seykota.com/tribe/FAQ/2003_Apr/Apr_27-30/ball.jpg

ski_resort_observer
01-29-2007, 11:31 PM
I miss the Mushroom - that was a fav of me and my cousins and other friends who would come up. We'd always end the day there, have a few beers, then either head back to the condo or take the "lunch" trail home. Now that odd shaped room sits vacant.. for now. What are the eventual plans for the V/H anyway?
-Jay

Same here! Fun place for a cold beer and a top quality cheeseburger. Despite it's small size it never seemed to get crazy busy the times I was there. Alittle on the pricey side but well worth it.

freeheel_skier
01-29-2007, 11:43 PM

:shock: :lol: YUP!

Yard Sale
01-30-2007, 11:33 AM

:shock: :lol: YUP!

When?

Tin Woodsman
01-30-2007, 11:45 AM
This off-season.

sugarboarder
01-30-2007, 06:50 PM
mmmm...a little C4 in the right places, a Bar-B-Q and fireworks and let's make a night of it!! :twisted: