PDA

View Full Version : Sugarbush experience

TimKeogh
01-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Here is my experience from Saturday: :lol:

Pull up to the drop off area at ME, parking attendant swiftly guides me into a spot
Another Ambassador helps my wife with skis and poles, carries them near the GMX lift.
Plenty of room in the lower level to get boots/clothing on, peg nearby to hang our bags on.
My wife asks the friendly customer service rep about which ungroomed trails she should avoid.
We ski our butts off for 2+ hours with never a lift line more than 90 seconds.
I need not mention the conditions!
Lunch time (12:30ish) is real busy at the ME lodge, but the table where are bags hung had 2 spots free, other guests happily squeezed us in.
The bathrooms are pretty clean considering it is a busy Saturday afternoon as we head out.
We really enjoy Inverness at the end of the day, great powder on either side of the racecourse after the gates were removed.
Brambles wears me out as my quads are screaming and it is time to call it a day.
We get a table right away in the bar with a great view of the boarders getting air, WinterX games on the flat screen.
The waitress promptly bring us 2 frosty Long Trails ($3.75 on special) and we order nachos afters oogling them at the table next to us.
Nachos were awesome! and after another round, the band starts up with a couple of Grateful Dead tunes, not too loud - you can still talk.
After the last round, (prompt service again) we tip the waitress and band and head for our gear.
Quick reload of the car and we are on German Flats heading home, all smiles.

I just wanted to point out you can find good trails/conditions anywhere in Vermont, but it is the people at Sugarbush - from Win on down, that make it special and make me want to come back every weekend.

Tim

:D

Strat
01-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Nice report, thanks a lot Tim.

8)

BushMogulMaster
01-29-2007, 03:24 PM
it is the people at Sugarbush - from Win on down, that make it special and make me want to come back every weekend.

Tim

:D

You've got that right!

Lostone
01-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Glad you had a good experience. That is what a resort is for. Good to see people finding the gold. 8)

For the record, that is by far, the answer I get when I ask people if they had a good day, at the end. :D