PDA

View Full Version : number of bartenders at castlerock pub

bsideindy
01-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Hey all - I've been enjoying the castlerock pub regularly. It really needs three bartenders on weekend afternoons. Two is not sufficient for the apres crowd. Those guys are slammed and customers are frustrated by the very long wait times for service. faster service = sell more beers

Just offering up some constructive criticism. I've read a few of the posts and it sounds like sugarbush is listening. Win & company have a great opportunity here to get unfiltered feedback from regulars and improve the overall sugarbush experience.

skigal
01-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Agreed...but problems go beyond that. Waitstaff and kitchen just can't seem to get it together. Our table waited 20 minutes to waited on, then took close to an hour to get food. Of the six orders we put in one never arrived (I ended up sharing a lunch), one had to be reordered and one chili was cold and needed to be sent back Someone from the kitchen did come out to apologize but the whole thing wss just discouraging. Basically a two hour lunch....and that was after getting stuck on the Slidebrook lift for close to half an hour! Oh...and everytime someone opened the door to go out we froze.

On another note...anyone know if there are plans to improve the conditions on the concrete walkway in the square? My kids have fallen numerous times and I've seen many adults take some big spills as well.

random_ski_guy
01-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Not to diminish the labor shortage at CR Pub which does need attention...

But may I suggest you try Timbers next time. I know its not the same crowd, but if a speedy lunch with adult beverages at a reasonable price is what you are looking for then I think you'll be happy. I was at Timbers today around 2pm, there were plenty of tables. It took less than 40 minutes (seriously, end to end) and I bet the meal costs just a few dollars more than CB Pub (or the same depending on what you order).

win
01-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Yes, I am not happy with the flow in CR Pub either. I have a new head of F&B and he has already made some changes in the Gate House seating upstairs which seemed to have worked better, opened the Valley House cafeteria which helped greatly over the weekend. Timbers is also operating much better as was mentioned and is a good spot for lunch and also apres ski now. Shawn has a long list of things in the CR Pub he would like improved, some of which we can do this winter and some may have to wait to the Spring.

I too saw the slips on the pavement and have already spoken to our team about this.

Sorry about Slidebrook. 20 minutes is a long wait. I am on a business trip but did speak a couple of times during the day to our team on the Mountain so I was informed about both Slidebrook and Bravo. Bravo had a motor tach issue and fortunately our Lift Maintenace team was able to repair it quickly and get it going again. They did a good job responding to this! I was also happy that they were able to get Valley House Lift up and running in about 15 minutes after Bravo went down. That is a very quick response!

SKIQUATTRO
01-29-2007, 09:06 AM
I havent been up to SB to see the new improvements yet this season. Slippery walkways are always an issue, one nice thing about Smuggs is the heated walkways throughout the base area and the daycare facility....just wondering if SB thought about doing heated walkways? Its nice not having to worry about taking a spill on concrete esp with kids in tow..

Tin Woodsman
01-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Yes, I am not happy with the flow in CR Pub either. I have a new head of F&B and he has already made some changes in the Gate House seating upstairs which seemed to have worked better, opened the Valley House cafeteria which helped greatly over the weekend. Timbers is also operating much better as was mentioned and is a good spot for lunch and also apres ski now. Shawn has a long list of things in the CR Pub he would like improved, some of which we can do this winter and some may have to wait to the Spring.

I too saw the slips on the pavement and have already spoken to our team about this.

Sorry about Slidebrook. 20 minutes is a long wait. I am on a business trip but did speak a couple of times during the day to our team on the Mountain so I was informed about both Slidebrook and Bravo. Bravo had a motor tach issue and fortunately our Lift Maintenace team was able to repair it quickly and get it going again. They did a good job responding to this! I was also happy that they were able to get Valley House Lift up and running in about 15 minutes after Bravo went down. That is a very quick response!

Win -

I definitely noticed the improvement upstairs in the GH lodge. I like the new seating arrangement and I'm sure the VH lodge opening helped - that's where I spent my time inside. I'm not sure the band placement is ideal in the CR pub given how it creates a pinched flow of people coming into the main body of the bar. Regardless, it's way too crowded for me to want to spend much time there right now.

I think the pavement just needs some grooves or something. It's just oo smooth, and when it's coated with ice or a thin, compacted layer of snow, there's nothing for your boots to hold onto.

greenmtnboy
01-29-2007, 05:29 PM
A suggestion for a quick fix on the sidewalk: 1) let the snow accumulate instead of plowing it off. Better traction from the snow or 2) salt does wonders at spalling concrete (not an option) but scarifing the concrete is an option and would give some traction for walking. This method has been used throughout VT, but keep in mind, it going to be rough to plow and shovel. The best couse of action and cheapest (won't llok the greatest consmetically) is to over lay the concrete with asphalt this summer (make sure to seal the concrete) , then you can use deicing products and not have to worry about the concrete deteriorating.

sugarboarder
01-29-2007, 06:08 PM
A suggestion for a quick fix on the sidewalk: 1) let the snow accumulate instead of plowing it off.

Yup, never saw many people slipping on the snow between the buildings with the old base area! I watched some poopr guy breaking the compacted snow off the ENTIRE concrete area the other day with about a six-inch wide chopper one small piece at a time. I was thinking "big labor cost when he could be doing something else - or using a better tool for that job"...and I walked on the snow anyway so as not to wear down my boot soles on the concrete!

HowieT2
01-29-2007, 09:37 PM
I don't think leaving a layer of snow/ice is a good idea liability wise, but something has to be done. It is really dangerous. What about sand? too messy?

Lostone
01-29-2007, 10:02 PM
I vote for the layer of snow. Everyone walks around on snow in ski boots all the time.

Ice... not so good. :cry:

castlerock
01-30-2007, 07:58 AM
..........and he has already made some changes in the Gate House seating upstairs which seemed to have worked better, opened the Valley House cafeteria which helped greatly over the weekend.

Substituting rounds for the rectangular tables does allow better flow, but it reduces the seating capacity even further making the place more crowded.

I sound like a broken record but benches are the solution. You can put long tables in, increase capacity, allow better flow around the tables and improve the ambience. It will make it more like a ski lodge than a function hall......