PDA

View Full Version : Truly Proud of our MT

Treeskier
01-24-2007, 06:16 PM
I am truly proud of our MT managment right now. They are continueing to blow tons of snow. (This has often stopped when we get to 100%) Not to mention blowing snow for all of us. Both beginners and experts. THANKS. I hope tomorow I re-see the small add stating that Sugarbush is 100% open "that means Castlerock is open!" in the snow report Thursday Boston Globe. Plus else where. I also hope the parking lots are full this weekend! If it happens I would suggest that to all of us addicts we retreat to the valley house/brown bag area. (hopefully the MT offers us some water, knapkins and posted snow reports) Be friendly and up-beat to our new skiers. (They are paying for our additions in the book ends of the season)

Now all we need is for mother nature to send us another quick foot of solid snow to open up the trees.

Doing my snow dance!

BushMogulMaster
01-24-2007, 07:05 PM
I am truly proud of our MT managment right now. They are continueing to blow tons of snow. (This has often stopped when we get to 100%) Not to mention blowing snow for all of us. Both beginners and experts. THANKS. I hope tomorow I re-see the small add stating that Sugarbush is 100% open "that means Castlerock is open!" in the snow report Thursday Boston Globe. Plus else where. I also hope the parking lots are full this weekend! If it happens I would suggest that to all of us addicts we retreat to the valley house/brown bag area. (hopefully the MT offers us some water, knapkins and posted snow reports) Be friendly and up-beat to our new skiers. (They are paying for our additions in the book ends of the season)

Now all we need is for mother nature to send us another quick foot of solid snow to open up the trees.

Doing my snow dance!

Agreed. Cheers!

greenmtnboy
01-24-2007, 07:41 PM
WOW Treeskier,

You've turned around 180 degrees over your posts on RSN over the past few years. Win must be paying you well!!!!

Treeskier
01-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Credit is due when things are done right. The great thing about this chat room is that we can post both postive and constuctive cridisisume. It is the most basic form of Free Speech. And it is now working well!

win
01-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks, Treeskier. Long live the First Amendment!

I am really proud of the Mountain Operations team. They put their heart and soul into providing a good product for everyone and have really worked long and hard under some very difficult and frustrating conditions. It means a lot to them to be recognized and thanked and motivates them to keep working hard for our guests. I am obviously biased, but I think the quality of the snow that has been made this year has really been outstanding and I am proud that we were the first to open in Vermont and only one of two in all of New England to have been open 100% beginning last Sunday. I believe only Crotched matched us! Mother Nature surely helped, but the team's efforts made it possible.

Today was a great day. The new manmade snow of Stein's was sweet and with the temperature tonight, I think it will be the pick of the day at LP. I skied Paradise, The Mall, Twist and Moonshine among others and it was one of my best days of the year. The forecast continues to look favorable over the next ten days, so we would expect a good turnout this weekend.

Hardbooter
01-24-2007, 10:33 PM
I said some of this on another thread but its appropriate here as well. Its wonderful to have a season pass at a mountain that is owned and run by skiers. Win, I love that you were out enjoying your own product today (I'm envious too.) We're also very, very lucky that you skier/owners happen to also be excellent managers. It took you guys a little while to get the hang of it but when the word gets out what kind of mountain this is, I think a lot of people will come ski at Sugarbush.

This time, Win, we owe you a beer. You're doing a great job in a tricky business.

Long live the First Amendment! (and the other ones too, except article 18. )

thinksnow
01-24-2007, 10:43 PM
I'd like to thank Les Otten & ASC for increasing the snowmaking at Sugarbush by some 300%.

Mike_451
01-24-2007, 11:00 PM
And SV for putting those upgrades to good use.

thinksnow
01-24-2007, 11:09 PM
And SV for putting those upgrades to good use.

Isn't that their job?

Tin Woodsman
01-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Credit is due when things are done right. The great thing about this chat room is that we can post both postive and constuctive cridisisume. It is the most basic form of Free Speech. And it is now working well!

Hear hear. After most of the natural was chewed up on Sunday, I thought that the best skiing at LP by FAR was under the guns on Glade and Snowball. I just kept lapping those runs and enjoying the fresh, light man-made filling my tracks each time. The mountain ops team has really kicked it up a notch with this colder weather and I'm loving how they are assaulting all of the big snowmaking trails methodically.

ski_resort_observer
01-25-2007, 11:17 AM
The new Lincoln Peak Village is the grand success after the failures of the Grand Summit project and the more recent Lodge at Lincoln Peak. In hindsight I dare say the obstacles that were thrown up in front of LLP and resulted in a complete rethinking was a very good thing in looking at what the Bush is developing. There is a cool episode on our RSN station(12) with interviews of the architects and general contractor, Really eye-opening, interesting info. I have seen it twice so I think they re-play it every so often.

One very positive thing that SV is doing that does not get the credit it's due is the committment to sustained improvements, specifically, doing the new LPV in stages/phases.

Alot of weekend destination skiers are looking for places who have made big improvements, especially in lodging, base area improvement, new lifts and guest services. More times than not resorts do a capital improvement but it's a one year thing. A new base lodge, a new lift, a new condo complex. Definately a good thing.

For those of us who have not seen much change at the Bush since ASC(1996) invested 30m+ in new lifts and snowmaking improvements, SV and the LPV has definately been "a sight for sore eyes". This sentiment is heard throughout the valley not just up at the hill. Now we have the new Family/Guest Services Center to get excited about. I am not only stoked for what we have now but what the place will look like in the next couple of years.

Sure, your going to have some bumps along the road when you make some big changes, just like life in general, I think. There is a ton of great employees at the Bush who work hard smoothing those bumps as best as possible, some still here from the ASC days, some from before that. One sad note is we recently had an employee pass away. someone I worked with for 5 years, who started working at the Bush just about on the day the resort opened, almost 50 years ago. Man, that's dedication.

Apologize profusely for the long winded posted. :oops: I guess I have been thinking, more than usual, about the reasons why the Bush has such a bright future, a future so bright ya gotta wear shades.

To quote the famous philospher Red Green, "we are all in this together". Thanks SV!