PDA

View Full Version : Let's all chip in...

BushMogulMaster
01-24-2007, 05:00 PM
...and buy a ski area! http://www.vermont-commercial.com/ski.htm. I've seen this come up in several other forums, but I say let's beat them to it, and have a private SkiMRV ski area (that's not exactly in the MRV, but oh well....). Maple Valley in southeastern VT is for sale for $1.75 million. I'll bet they'd take $1.5 million to get rid of it.

It's actually a pretty neat area (although the base elevation is WAY low), and if I had the money I'd buy it. Alas, I'm not exactly in a position to spend $1.5 million :wink: .

It's been for sale for quite some time, and nothing seems to be coming of it. Wonder what will happen......................

freeheel_skier
01-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Low Ball it @ $500K. :D Move it up to the MRV and SB can up their trail count :lol:

sugarboarder
01-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah, yeah...huh huh...and than we can like, put in an Intertie lift between 'em and me and Beavis can run it...that would be so cool, yeah, yeah...huh huh.

BushMogulMaster
01-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Low Ball it @ $500K. :D Move it up to the MRV and SB can up their trail count :lol:

Or maybe Win should just buy it as another Summit Ventures resort. He could become the next ASC or Intrawest, except with good tastes and intelligent management decisions, and not all of the ridiculous real estate development. :wink:

Mike_451
02-10-2007, 11:03 PM
We could buy that, make a killing, and then buy Sugarbush from Win

Doesn't seem like to bad of a resort for a feeder hill, crappy location, would need extensive snowmaking, mabey some trail expansion, and a HSQ.
Listing didn't say anything about grooming equipment?

Seriously, has anybody here skiied there or know anything about it?

BushMogulMaster
02-10-2007, 11:04 PM
We could buy that, make a killing, and then buy Sugarbush from Win

Not necessary... he's one of us!

Mike_451
02-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Well, I am sure he could chip in?

Seriously, Mabey he should buy it, or match 50/50 with us, give us a surplus groomer, and some surplus snowguns.

BushMogulMaster
02-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Well, I am sure he could chip in?

Seriously, Mabey he should buy it, or match 50/50 with us, give us a surplus groomer, and some surplus snowguns.

Sounds good to me. I want an LMC 3700 and a handful of Ratnik snowgiant IIs and Vs, and the newly purchased hill will be good to go! Well, not quite. But you catch my drift :wink:

Mike_451
02-11-2007, 05:09 PM
He could give us the VH double for parts as well..... In addition the parts that are scattered about for the Northridge Double could prove to be usefull.
The T-Bar would need to be updated, How about the old platter poma that is I belive still stored in the woods adjacent to the slope.

Now all we would need to to would be to buy a real pump and compressor, I don't even wan't to know what they have now :?

Base Lodge Improvements, Order some Lumber and get out the Nail Guns!

Marketing, We are all prety internet savy!

Trail Expansion = Gentalmen Start Your Chainsaws :twisted:
And some pain in the but permitting :roll:

random_ski_guy
02-11-2007, 05:53 PM
BMM, becareful, don't ruin this town in the process. Right now real VTers can afford to live in this community. Will that continue to be the case after you reopen the mtn? :)

Mike_451
02-11-2007, 09:13 PM
well, we could create some jobs and hire some of them :?

BushMogulMaster
02-11-2007, 09:56 PM
BMM, becareful, don't ruin this town in the process. Right now real VTers can afford to live in this community. Will that continue to be the case after you reopen the mtn? :)

Of course they will! It will be a private SkiMRV community! We choose who can ski there, and they pay us $1000 for a lift ticket. It's a win/win situation! Therefore, not too much tourism or interest, no town growth, no real estate development, no real estate inflation, etc. etc. etc.

:wink: :wink: :lol:

Ooops... I forgot. You can't really make money that way. Oh well... :wink:

MntMan4Bush
02-12-2007, 09:48 AM
The question is do, do we allow snowboarders......

BushMogulMaster
02-12-2007, 09:53 AM
The question is do, do we allow snowboarders......

Just to pick on Sugarboarder, I say NO!!! :wink: :lol:

noski
02-12-2007, 10:08 AM

Of course they will! It will be a private SkiMRV community! We choose who can ski there, and they pay us $1000 for a lift ticket. It's a win/win situation! Therefore, not too much tourism or interest, no town growth, no real estate development, no real estate inflation, etc. etc. etc.

Do you have a job for me? I'll answer the phone and take messaged for you guys, and maybe make some chocolate chip cookies. Smootharc and Lostone like those.

BushMogulMaster
02-12-2007, 10:10 AM

Do you have a job for me? I'll answer the phone and take messaged for you guys, and maybe make some chocolate chip cookies. Smootharc and Lostone like those.

Ooooooo! Chocolate chip cookies! You're hired... name your salary!

Mike_451
02-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Now heres an idea, how about we have Nude Ski Days as well durring the spring?

noski
02-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Ooooooo! Chocolate chip cookies! You're hired... name your salary! You guys get the SkiMRV gathering figured out and I will bring the cookies.