PDA

View Full Version : For those who live in the valley... Verizon ???

TimKeogh
01-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Coming from Burlington I lose coverage leaving Waterbury and don't even bother to carry it from the car.
Though I secretly love the idea of banning cell phones on lifts/trails/lodges, it is a necessary evil today.

But what cell phone service do you valley people use ?

Does any cell phone provider cover the mountain reliably?

Tim

BushMogulMaster
01-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Coming from Burlington I lose coverage leaving Waterbury and don't even bother to carry it from the car.
Though I secretly love the idea of banning cell phones on lifts/trails/lodges, it is a necessary evil today.

But what cell phone service do you valley people use ?

Does any cell phone provider cover the mountain reliably?

Tim

Unicell and Cingular. Good luck with anything else........

Strat
01-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Unicel is the best in this area, no doubt. Verizon is okay in some of the more urban spots but really if you want any sort of reliable coverage Unicel is where it's at. The service is VERY strong at all points on both peaks of Sugarbush.

Cingular is also good here, but that's because they allow roaming on Unicel's towers. Cingular doesn't offer service to VT residents though, which is a bummer for some, especially those drooling over the new iPhone, haha...

CapeSkiGuy
01-23-2007, 11:51 PM
I have excellent luck at Lincoln and ME with Sprint. Once I hit the bottom of the access road, however, it is very patchy. Good signal in Waitsfield. Tower is very distant, however, so the battery dies quicker.

freeheel_skier
01-24-2007, 03:04 AM
Cingular :D

smootharc
01-24-2007, 08:27 AM
http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=187

skigal
01-24-2007, 08:50 AM
We've chosen Unicel over Verizon for exactly that reason. Although there are some weak spots in the valley it works great on and around the mountain. I'm told there's a tower in 22 acres. We've given up our two way radios and rely exclusively on our phones which has turned out to be much nicer since we no longer have to listen to a lot of unnessary chatter. That said, I am not be big cell phone user in general so the only calls I get are from family and my Sugarbush friends. Husband has seperate cell phone for work.

Lostone
01-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanx to all for their comments on this.

As we already have a thread on the subject, please continue it there.

Valley cell phone problems. (http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=187)

Locking this one.