PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Update

win
01-23-2007, 09:05 PM
We are going to continue making snow on Stein's for a day or two, so it should be nice tomorrow and really nice on Thursday and into the weekend. We came off Sleeper today! We will let the human groomers do their thing tomorrow and then start to groom it out. We have a ton of snow there, and I think it is really set up well for the winter now. Our next move is to Birch and hopefully we can have it groomed for Saturday. We did have a valve leak that needs fixing and hope that can be done tomorrow. We are also making on coffee run tonight to get more depth there. At ME we are almost finished with Inverness and moving to the Sunny D area to get both the Terrain Park in shape as well as more beginner terrain. Cliffs is skiing well, but we will move to make snow there as well.

The forecast for the week and into the weekend is looking very favorable. We will have really cold temperatures for a couple of days and then a bit warmer for the weekened. Even a few inches on top of what we have will make the skiing and riding really nice on our 100% open terrain.

BushMogulMaster
01-23-2007, 09:22 PM
We are going to continue making snow on Stein's for a day or two, so it should be nice tomorrow and really nice on Thursday and into the weekend. We came off Sleeper today! We will let the human groomers do their thing tomorrow and then start to groom it out. We have a ton of snow there, and I think it is really set up well for the winter now. Our next move is to Birch and hopefully we can have it groomed for Saturday. We did have a valve leak that needs fixing and hope that can be done tomorrow. We are also making on coffee run tonight to get more depth there. At ME we are almost finished with Inverness and moving to the Sunny D area to get both the Terrain Park in shape as well as more beginner terrain. Cliffs is skiing well, but we will move to make snow there as well.

The forecast for the week and into the weekend is looking very favorable. We will have really cold temperatures for a couple of days and then a bit warmer for the weekened. Even a few inches on top of what we have will make the skiing and riding really nice on our 100% open terrain.

Sounds good. It's all skiing so great right now... can't get enough of the natural snow trails. Also, the snowmaking has been incredibly impressive. These subzero temperatures lend well to making 5+ foot snowmaking whales (that'll be a bit hard on the cats pushing out Inverness, et. al. :wink: ). It's all piecing together well, and it looks like the second half of the winter will be epic! :D

Good work, Win, as always!

sugarboarder
01-23-2007, 10:07 PM
I had one of those great Sugarbush days at ME today - not a profit center for the mountain for sure - but it was like my own private ski area. Nice temps, fresh snow on Black Diamond, Tumbler was great, the groomed stuff was perfect and high-speed carveable, jumps built in the park...hard to believe after what it looked like two weeks ago.

Win, any plans to blow up some snow for a halfpipe somewhere? I guess the old spot is a park now so just wondering.

Plowboy
01-24-2007, 08:08 AM
I think I saw the pipe carver being worked on outside the shop @ ME yesterday.

BushMogulMaster
01-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Win, any plans to blow up some snow for a halfpipe somewhere? I guess the old spot is a park now so just wondering.

There's been a lot of snow blown between GMX and Sunny D, and now they're blowing on Riemergasse. I'd guess that some of that snow they're making will be for a pipe somewhere.

sugarboarder
01-24-2007, 06:30 PM
I hope so - I miss being able to play there, especially on a nice sunny spring day!

noski
01-25-2007, 08:34 AM
I hope so - I miss being able to play there, especially on a nice sunny spring day!

You mean like the days of early "Junuary"?

sugarboarder
01-25-2007, 09:15 AM

You mean like the days of early "Junuary"?

Nope - that was skateboard ramp time! :wink: