PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Rental?

CapeSkiGuy
01-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Excellent weekend!
I put my daughter on a snowboard for the first time Saturday at LP. The instructors and staff are fantastic all around. The only question I have is why does SB not rent helmets along with the ski/board equipment? I know that other mountains do, and it is very convenient. Fortunately, we had a spare, so my daughter did not go without...But I have to ask! I have rented helmets at other mountains in the past, for only a nominal fee, and was a little surprised that our mountain doesn't. What gives? Liability? Equipment maintenance and upkeep? Cost?
Can anyone tell me what the story is here?

Not that we need it now, but if friends of my kids come along on a trip, I'd like to know where I can rent one. No brain bucket, no skiing/boarding. Anybody else in the valley rent them? I'm converted now, and NOBODY in my family skis/boards without a hard lid.

111/111 and I had to drive home. And the Pats lost. Grrr.

Strat
01-22-2007, 07:35 AM
Obviously this isn't the case anymore but when I first started snowboarding 6, 7 years back they had a few helmets knocking around for a few bucks in the Sugarbear Den up the the VH lodge... just saying it's not unheard of at the Bush...