PDA

View Full Version : 111/111 for Sunday

BushMogulMaster
01-20-2007, 05:18 PM
That's right... SB site and Snocountry.com both report 111/111 trails for tomorrow! :D Yup... Sugarbush is the first resort in VT (maybe in the east?) to have 100% terrain open. Somebody call the newspapers and email SAMinfo! :wink:

And Sugarbush leaves Killington trailing behind (percentage wise, anyway!)......... :lol:

win
01-20-2007, 06:40 PM
You beat me to the punch. I think Birch, Morningstar and Sunrise should be sweet when they open tomorrow at 9am. Sunrise is Patrol's pick of the day. I voted for Morningstar but was out voted! However, there are going to be a lot of great runs again tomorrow. Let's hope the winds die down tonight as forecasted so the summit lifts run tomorrow. We were really fortunate to have kept LP up all day.

We were planning to run Slide Brook Express tomorrow, but the wind tore the com line, and we aren't going to be able to get it fixed in time to run it tomorrow. That is a bummer with 100% of the trails open, so we will have to use the shuttle to get between mountains. There is a J-5 race on the Nastar course on Spring Fling tomorrow, but the trail will still be open to the public.

Get out early. It shoud be another great day!

sugarboarder
01-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Yippeee!

BTW - I raced at Loon today. They did not get more than a couple of inches of natural the last two days. As I drove over through Rte. 2 / 91 / 93 this AM the new snow basically disappeared as I crossed into NH. We are blessed here!! A miracle considering it was 68 degrees two weeks ago!

BushMogulMaster
01-20-2007, 07:33 PM
We are blessed here!! A miracle considering it was 68 degrees two weeks ago!

Amen!

ski_resort_observer
01-20-2007, 07:52 PM
That's right... SB site and Snocountry.com both report 111/111 trails for tomorrow! :D Yup... Sugarbush is the first resort in VT (maybe in the east?) to have 100% terrain open. Somebody call the newspapers and email SAMinfo! :wink:

And Sugarbush leaves Killington trailing behind (percentage wise, anyway!)......... :lol:

BMM...love your energy and unbridled enthusiasm but just to keep it real for a moment Chris Bradford down Crotched Mtn in NH got 100% open a couple of days ago. Having said that it's nothing short of amazing to be 100% open tomorrow. Hope we can keep this weather mojo going. Should be a stellar day. It's going to abit chilly so dress accordingly.

Unfortuantely, I will be "bus wrangling" again at ME tomorrow but I'll get my time in, it's all good. I have had alot of great powder days at the Bush. Looking forward to reading a bunch of TR's about the skiing tomorrow. :D

freeheel_skier
01-20-2007, 07:53 PM
I think I might play that number....what was that again...

Oh yeh! 111/111 :o

BushMogulMaster
01-20-2007, 08:19 PM

BMM...love your energy and unbridled enthusiasm but just to keep it real for a moment Chris Bradford down Crotched Mtn in NH got 100% open a couple of days ago.

:lol: True, but my first comment was "first resort in VT." Last time I checked, "Crotched Mtn in NH" is not in VT :wink: .

I'm also forced to point out that being 100% open with 17/17 trails is quite a bit different than being open with 111/111 trails. Not that Crotched isn't a great place... just a bit smaller than the Bush. Nonetheless, they were 100% first, so I'll give them that. :) Actually, they aren't quite 100%... their glades aren't open. Ours are perpetually open (although I wouldn't always recommend skiing them)!

skiladi
01-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Not that Crotched isn't a great place... just a bit smaller than the Bush. Nonetheless, they were 100% first, so I'll give them that. :) Actually, they aren't quite 100%... their glades aren't open. Ours are perpetually open (although I wouldn't always recommend skiing them)!

Would you recommend skiing them now?

BushMogulMaster
01-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Not that Crotched isn't a great place... just a bit smaller than the Bush. Nonetheless, they were 100% first, so I'll give them that. :) Actually, they aren't quite 100%... their glades aren't open. Ours are perpetually open (although I wouldn't always recommend skiing them)!

I stayed on piste today, but I'd guess the 3000'+ trees are probably pretty good now, after the little 15" dump (not to mention all of the snow from the trails that blew in). Perhaps someone who was in the trees today could enlighten us???

skiladi
01-20-2007, 09:39 PM

I stayed on piste today, but I'd guess the 3000'+ trees are probably pretty good now, after the little 15" dump (not to mention all of the snow from the trails that blew in). Perhaps someone who was in the trees today could enlighten us???

Thanks for the insight. I hope it is one of those "found stash 3 days later" kinda dumps. See ya Monday! ; }
PS. Really happy for the peeps that have to ski the weekends. Really , I am. :mrgreen:

Lostone
01-20-2007, 09:55 PM
I spoke to a few who went in and they all said they hit a lot, underneath. If you remember how little there was a week ago, there really isn't that much cover, in there. :roll:

I have seen a lot of tracks, but mine aren't with them. 8)

Tin Woodsman
01-20-2007, 11:35 PM

Um no. Not advised. The marked tree runs which were cleaned out this summer were supposed to be good. I poked my nose into a few not on the map, even some that are relatively clean and high elevation, and it was no dice. quickly backed out to continue enjoying the copius remaining pow on the trails.

The trees above 2500' by and large still need another 12-18" to be comfortable going into. Hopefully, we'll cross that threshold this week.

shadyjay
01-20-2007, 11:46 PM
That's just great - all this natural snow and I'm down in Stratton... oh well. Guess I have shoveling to look forward to when I return to the 'Bury

-Jay