PDA

View Full Version : Best skiing all year

BushMogulMaster
01-20-2007, 01:01 PM
'Nough said!

Got first tracks on Exterm. With the fresh snow and the drifted snow, it was hip-deep all the way!

When everything shut down at North, I hadn't had enough. Hiked from top of Sunny D to top of the "I" and skied Semi-Tough. Only about 5 or six other tracks, and it was knee deep the whole way. :D :D :D

D@mn wind....... :evil: :x :evil: :x

Lostone
01-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Hard to say "best skiing all year could be an understatement, but that was an understatement!! :D

If there was a day the weekend warriors ordered, this would have to be it!

I saw Win in the lodge and complained about the lack of grooming on Castlerock. I don't think it bothered him a whole lot. :wink:

I'll do a trip report later. This is a day that deserves it. 8)

Boy am I sore! I've been mugged by a mountain! :shock:

:D

castlerock
01-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Excellent full on winter Saturday. Rumble, CRock Liftline, Best run I ever had on Ripcord, Paradise, Spills, Lixi's, Domino. Really a hall of fame day.....Thanks to Walks and Mike S., great skiing partners.

ahm
01-23-2007, 10:13 PM
First tracks on exterm: I think I got that too, unless you were on the patrol run. I was about the 6th chair on Northridge and everyone went to Bravo. I went skiers left, only one other person on the trail was my recollection. However, you missed the second part of those first tracks, as I passed some patrollers on Northway, and took the "I". There were no tracks. I skied poma line skiers right hard and it was cherry. I'll call it the first "I" of the season for just about anyone.

Others: 4th person down Encore, 3rd (after two patrollers) on Hammerhead, top 10 on Cliffs, and scored brambles all day, including the 3:30 pm (I was the 3rd GMX chair of the morning). Not so sure it was "knee deep", but pretty sweet. Oh, and I forgot, just after the exterm-I combo, I headed back up and grabbed a Lower FIS. Untracked the whole way, maybe 5 skiers had been in.

So, ya hiked up to semi tough huh ? Good deal. We skinned to the top and then on the way down from summit grabbed another "I", a few more tracks, but the original set I put down at pre 10:00 am (I figure NR opened about 9:20 - 9:30 am) was all gone.

Not so sure I buy the bumps line: skied thru Mon and my take was this: Bravo is the best run on the hill, headwall is fine and rocks make for a fun bit of micro air. Skiers left around the tree, passed the headwall, is a nice bit of micro air as well. Exterm a bit hard, but no issue for the Stockli stormrider SSPM, thought it was nice on Monday morning about 10 am. Paradise is beat. The run in is slim, which it never is. CR run was good, and better (with more fresh on the lower). ME was ok, nothing special I thought. Cotillion actually skied the best at the rock I thought, best coverage and bigger, more fun, water bars. Tumbler rockier than Hammy on Monday (I skied both quite a bit). Cliffs still fun, but essentially lineless, although a good non-stop leg builder for other skiing.

Otherwise, maybe get 2 hrs on Friday afternoon before I skin Lower FIS about 3:30 pm for the twilight ski before the Tav. Figure its ~ 2200 verts to NR top and that should go under 90 min so I'll top out on NR just about 5 pm and as the days get longer, there should be just enough light for the twilight ski to happy hour.

Glad you got all the freshies this weekend. Hope this weekend skis as well.

BushMogulMaster
01-23-2007, 10:26 PM
First tracks on exterm: I think I got that too, unless you were on the patrol run. I was about the 6th chair on Northridge and everyone went to Bravo. I went skiers left, only one other person on the trail was my recollection.

I was on the third chair on Northridge, so I think I got first tracks (patrol must not skied that one early Saturday morning). I skied mostly the middle line. So it looks like we both got the best Exterm had to offer!