PDA

View Full Version : Good News/ Bad News

win
01-19-2007, 05:09 PM
First the good news! It is skiing and riding really well and only getting better. I would guess we have had around 4" of snow today and I will go out on a limb and say that we could get another 6-8" by morning.

Casterock will be open tomorrow but probably a bit delayed as we will have some ramp and other work to do. Hardy, Hammond and Egan went up this afternoon to check it out and make the call to open. It will need some human grooming so get out there and do it.

Now the bad news! It will be cold, and the winds could be ferocious out of the NW. Maybe gust up to 60 mph at the summit and even 30-40mph down low. I would guess that we are going to be experiencing windholds so we will have to see in the am.

It is really looking like winter up here now and the quality of the snowmaking this week has been excellent and the snow coming down today is sweet.

Tin Woodsman
01-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Schwing!

Perhaps the reverse trudge along the LT might then be in order.

Regardless, Win has summoned Sugarbush nation to go and groom CR and, goshdarnit, that's what I intend to do!

(at least until it gets skied out and I sneak away to somewhere else)

HowieT2
01-19-2007, 05:50 PM
C-Rock opening would really be comforting news.

skiladi
01-19-2007, 06:07 PM
The Rock has been on my mind all day but I was afraid to ask. I should have been there already to help "groom" but knew I would be up for Mon. & Tues. so met some home obligations. I hate being responsible!! but when it comes to my pets I just have to be. ; }

Lostone
01-19-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't know that the skiing was all that good. :?

I went over to North, and... I couldn't hear my skis. Instead of the scraping sound, I'm used to, there was a quiet swish sound. I can't believe that was from my skis, so... How do I know they were really there? :shock:

Still, I stayed out there all day, trying to hear them so I could be sure they still existed. :lol:

First day this season of over 30K'! 8)

And since the day ended, it has really kept coming down! :D

Strat
01-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Win, any word on North Lynx getting open? I know it's not a high-priority pod but it's excellent when it's running...

skiladi
01-20-2007, 09:20 AM
I don't know that the skiing was all that good. :?

I went over to North, and... I couldn't hear my skis. Instead of the scraping sound, I'm used to, there was a quiet swish sound. I can't believe that was from my skis, so... How do I know they were really there? :shock:

Still, I stayed out there all day, trying to hear them so I could be sure they still existed. :lol:

First day this season of over 30K'! 8)

And since the day ended, it has really kept coming down! :D

No scraping? How could you cope? ; }