PDA

View Full Version : All I can say is...

BushMogulMaster
01-15-2007, 02:50 PM
...what a disappointment! I was all pumped up for 12" plus today, and we've received, at best, 2" of sleet :shock: . The only true snow that fell today was between 8:00 and 9:30. (and early morning runs were great, BTW, esp. Exterm) Then sleet sleet sleet sleet sleet. :cry: Looks like the storm tracked farther north than it was supposed to and brought us the mix that southern VT was supposed to get. :x :evil:

There's still hope for 2-4" overnight, but it's definitely not the 12"+ everyone was expecting. :cry:

I guess I should be happy with anything, but I had my hopes up so far! Lesson learned. It's not like the skiing was bad, either... it was actually quite good. Just not what I expected.

On a happier note, snowmaking is paying off. Elbow is fantastic, and Lower Exterminator is getting toward pretty good coverage. Seems to be plenty of snow on Lower Northstar now (even some fun bumps on skier's right). I think the headwall on Exterminator needs to have about 4 Ratniks on it for 24 hours straight, starting wet, then semi-wet, then semi-dry, then dry... something needs to be done about the ice. And before someone suggests it... winching it will only make it worse! The rest of Exterm is coming together, but the headwall still needs attention.

Guns weren't on Which Way as the website said. Maybe another broken line?

Now I'm looking toward Friday, hoping for another snow event. THINK SNOW!!!!! :D