PDA

View Full Version : Snowmaking Expanded

random_ski_guy
01-15-2007, 07:00 AM
I see the trail report has the snowmaking crews moving on to some new terrain today; Ripcord!, Slowpoke and Whichway.

Tin Woodsman
01-15-2007, 10:56 PM
I see the trail report has the snowmaking crews moving on to some new terrain today; Ripcord!, Slowpoke and Whichway.

The product on Ripcord today was fantastic, at least higher up. It was pretty wet and sticky on Lower Ripcord. They were setting up the guns to blast the very bottom of the trail so that skiers enoying Ripcord, Spillsville, and Paradise wouldn't have to join the masses on Downspout to get back to the open trail system. The latter was a mess by 1:00 today. Spoke with a snowmaker who told me that Snowball/Spring Fling are next on the hit list, as early as tomorrow.

The snow from the last few days will help, and todays crap soup will cover a lot of sins. If the temps stay as forecast and they get another 6-12" in the next week, they'll pretty much be wide open for business me thinks. Won't be long now before the hit WhichWay (not on report right now), Cliffs, and Inverness at North, and then the Hot Shiot/Waterfall, Sleeper, and maybe even Stein's at South. Poor North Lnyx will have to wait a while me thinks.