PDA

View Full Version : ME 1/14

freeheel_skier
01-14-2007, 11:02 PM
So, I jump ship in Hong Kong....oh wait that was another trip report :lol:

Got to the hill @ 9am. Went immediatly to summit. Visibility so-so. Snow wise it was great! Skiied Rim-Run to Northstar 1st run. Snow was excellent! http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/burns.gif

Hoped on the GMX and down Elbow to summit chair.....elbow was skiing well. THey were killing elbow with snow so vis was tough. But conditions were great! Hooked back to summit chair and then it was time for black diamond. Skied well :) Just look out for the usual stuff. You know saplings, rocks and stumps. Back down looking good to summit again and down FIS. 1st enterance was usual sketchy but fun :D decided to take skiers left but was unhappy :( Skiers right was very nice. Down R.R. to summit and back up. Skied down to Bravo...ahhh BRAVO! :D VERY Fun and skied well. Stoped @ exterminator cut off and was :? Should I finish or take Exterminator? FINISH....it was great. Skied back over to summit chair (can you see a pattern?). Now it was time for exterminator. E skied icy @ top and better as you got lower. Snowmaking was in full effect on E! I hit a couple of hoses. I like to complain about that :) Lower E skied very well. Then N.Star to NRE to do Bravo again. Love that trail. Back down to NRE and up to Eexterminator. Same deal very nice.....Cut back over to the summit chair and finished with R.R. to Looking good to crusier. Overall a great skiing! Great snowmaking! Great Snow! It is only going to get better :D Get out and enjoy! Any day on snow is a good DAY :!:

p.s. Had fun watching the jib comp.

random_ski_guy
01-14-2007, 11:13 PM
thanks for the post. everyone else is silient...kinda creepy. i hope everyone is just swiming in their drink or getting a good nights rest for a couple hard days of skier ahead.

ski_resort_observer
01-15-2007, 01:15 PM
The Mr. Burns pic is definately creeping me out... :lol:

Lostone
01-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Did you see me? I was there, too! Tho I was mostly away from Summit. I really think Northridge is the chair for the vertical at North. Unless you are doing Black Diamond or FIS, Northridge is the place to be.

But the lines! There were two times I had to wait for up to three sets of people before I could get on the chair.

I was describing the skiing today as mostly skiing the leftovers. They would push the snow into piles and bunches, and I would ski those piles. There were a lot of people there, so I was skiing kind of slowly, under extreme control. I never knew where I would have to divert to, as people were doing weird things.

On the good side, Upper Looking good was open again. People were battling with the occasional ice and rocks, but they left a really nice line on the right side that held really well. Then I found the same kind of thing on the trail formerly knonn as Zip. :lol: Zip is open... the mountain is now officially open! :D

After catching the 2:15 to South, I went up for a couple runs over there, too. Lower Jester was still pretty good, with a few almost untouched lines, here and there. The snow they'd made on Downspout covered most of the ice pretty well, but was now in huge bumps. On the good side, they were today's bumps and were soft. Then on Lower Downspout, I found a line on the left that was almost untouched. Sweet! And almost 3:00! I couldn't believe it! Bubba said they had decided to leave something for me. :D

I was heading for Jester, but when I saw the guns on Ripcord, I thought they looked like they were making some of that light tower gun snow. They weren't. :cry: It was quite sticky. That will do well for a covering base, but that trail was reminding me that I'd been skiing all day. :roll:

Then back to Downspout, where I thought about how easy Ripcord had been. :lol:

a good day for me is when I ski to the bridge. My whole reason for skiing South, after I came back was to ski to the bridge. There really wasn't that much snow over in that areal as it is only natural. I didn't ski to the bridge... I skied right onto the bridge! :D

Really sad that we didn't get the 7-9" I was promised by people in this forum... :twisted: But I made it to the bridge... It was a good day! :D

random_ski_guy
01-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Really sad that we didn't get the 7-9" I was promised by people in this forum... :twisted: But I made it to the bridge... It was a good day! :D

Hey man, the NWS promised it too.

Good post, I appreciate all the details. :)