PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed!!!!

HowieT2
01-14-2007, 04:47 PM
I just drove up today to catch the impending snow fall and get a few days of skiing in. Pulled into Sugar Bush Inn to check into condo and ran over a nail, puncturing my tire. Changed tire and put on a spare but do not feel comfortable driving back to NY on a spare tire. Would love to get someone to come and either plug punctured tire or I would buy 2 new tires if they can install them onto my truck while I ski. Also, would like to know if there is a garage nearby where I can get this fixed if the other option is not possible.If anyone knows where I can call to get this done please let me know ASAP.

My wife is kindly typing this for me because I do not have access to a computer. I am staying at the Glades Condos and my cell phone is XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Thank you thank you thank you in advance.

Edit: Removed phone number as problem seems to be solved.

TW

Lostone
01-14-2007, 06:38 PM
There is a plan now underway. 8)

HowieT2
01-14-2007, 06:42 PM
He pointed me in the right direction and helped me with my car. Without his help I would most definitely be "lost" too! I really appreciate the quick phone call and I hope this act of goodwill will be rewarded by the Great Snow Gods. :D :D :D

Plowboy
01-14-2007, 08:18 PM
NICE!!!!!!

Shorty Anvil
01-14-2007, 08:58 PM
You are a lucky dog. I hope, per Grandpa Stu, that you had your hydraulic jack handy...

boze
01-14-2007, 11:32 PM
It's just terrific to see the good acts folks do for others. Not to get too misty-eyed but stuff like this reaffirms why the 'Bush is more than just a 'place' to be. And why I love being in the MRV. Hats off to Lostone, and all others who may have lent a helping hand. G'night. And may your snow be fresh, fluffy and piled high!

Lostone
01-15-2007, 07:43 PM
In fact, although I'm happy things went well, all I did was to read the post, get some numbers with a suggestion as to which ones I would suggest, and call to give the numbers and any info I could.

As it turned out, Howie already had the numbers, but was happy that someone responded to try to help.

I was happy to be that someone. :wink:

freeheel_skier
01-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Kudos for being a good samaritan. :D

Initially I read Howie's post as bit selfish/ridiciulous. :shock: In psychology they call it diffusion of responsibility....more people around the less likely someone will help out....because someone will else will respond. :oops:

Lostone
01-15-2007, 09:09 PM
B)
more people around the less likely someone will help out....because someone will else will respond.

I know this way of thinking. It is why you can be far more alone in NYC than in a small town. I, on the other hand, think someon has to try, and if I believe that... I have to put up or shut up. As I've always thought much of those that put up...

1)
Initially I read Howie's post as bit selfish/ridiciulous.

Not sure what I am reading there. Are you saying he was selfish for asking for help? He's in a place far from where his normal "support environment" is. I see it as asking for info from those who might be more familiar with the local area. It wasn't like he was expecting us to buy him a new truck. I hope I read that wrong. :?

freeheel_skier
01-15-2007, 09:28 PM
No. I was being honest. What I said was: "initially I readHowie's post....key word initially. Maybe I should have qualified my statement by saying "the second time I read it I would have reacted such & such". :roll: I read it this pm. Posted some stuff last night but read "THE" post this pm. That is why I went into the diffusion of responsibility.....If someone is in need of help and many people are around, the less likely someone will respond. If someone is in need of help and only one person is around....the single person will always help out :D One person responded....lots of lurkers. :roll: Just look @ the amt. of views. I am sure not all were today. :wink: Yes deep thoughts! I am not Jack Handey. :lol:

PS I guess it was a 1/2 @ss compliment...Kudos. 8)

HowieT2
01-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Just got back home and I want to thank Lostone again. I'll be back for Superbowl weekend with another friend who posts on this board and hopefully I can buy you dinner or something. It was really kind of you to help me out.

Just to explain the reason I had my wife post for help was because it was late sunday afternoon with an expected snow storm on MLK day. I was really concerned I wouldn't be able to get my tire fixed or I would waste a good part of a ski day trying to find someone to do so. Turned out that just before Lostone called me I had found Hap's ad on the MRV map while eating pizza.

Thanks again.