PDA

View Full Version : Cochran's ski hill gives up

ski_resort_observer
01-13-2007, 02:49 PM
on fightning Ma Nature, the fabled little hill just outside of Richmond, the birthplace of several Olympian's and medals, all from the same family is raising $400,000 for a snowmaking system. You get a very good view of the place as you are coming into Richmond on Rt 2.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070113/NEWS02/701130310/1007

nelsapbm
01-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Drove up to Montreal and back which takes you by Hard 'Ack in St. Albans. They were blowing snow on Saturday! Looked great. I believe their equipment came as a donation from Smuggs.
Glad to hear that Cochran is going to bite the bullet. It's a great family place and a great place for kids to learn. I think I'll send 'em a check.

djspookman
01-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Drove up to Montreal and back which takes you by Hard 'Ack in St. Albans. They were blowing snow on Saturday! Looked great. I believe their equipment came as a donation from Smuggs.
Glad to hear that Cochran is going to bite the bullet. It's a great family place and a great place for kids to learn. I think I'll send 'em a check.

agreed! It's a GREAT place to learn and a great "feeder hill" for other resorts in the area. I took all of my ski lessons there when I was a kid!

dave