PDA

View Full Version : ME 1/12 -- another one!

BushMogulMaster
01-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Date(s) Skied: 1/12 2:00-4:00

Conditions: Packed powder (primary), wet machine groomed (sec), fresh man-made (sec)

Trip Report: I got to ME just as the windhold on GMX was lifted. No one else anywhere to be seen. I saw a total of MAYBE 5 or 6 other people the whole afternoon. First run, RR to Elbow across Bravo to Exterminator. RR was fine, Elbow was great, and Exterminator was FANTASTIC! With the warmer temps (28-30) the snowmaking was a little wet. But in this case, it was a good thing... the wetter man-made fused with the ice that was between the troughs, and freshened everything up. This was the first time in a long time that I could really zipper-line the bumps. Very, very, very nice. Took a run on Bravo then. Quite a few rocks showing through, but the snow was nice and soft and some bumps were starting to form well. Lots of fun. The headwall was a bit gnarly, and the bottom section was a little choppy, but still good. Last run was the upper section of Bravo to Exterminator, then down North Star to Lower North Star to Straight Shot. North Star was beautiful... soft corduroy. Lower Northstar was a bit sticky, but still fun. Straight Shot was Straight Shot.

Overall a great 2 hours of skiing. :D