PDA

View Full Version : Sugarbush Phone Problem

sugarboarder
01-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Tonight I called SugaRBUSH because I just realized I lost my pass yesterday at Mt. Ellen. I called the main 583-6300 number, and this guy says (I thought) "Sunday's"...I figured it was a restaurant and I REALLY dialed poorly. So I try again...I get the same guy and he says "Sunday's" again, I say "who?" and he says it again. I tell him I am trying to reach Sugarbush - he says "this is". So I ask what he was saying before. He says, in a foreign accent "frondez" - which I then realize is "Front Desk", which I had been hearing as "Sundays". Why wouldn't he be saying something like, oh, I don't know...um..."Sugarbush Resort, This is (Name), may I help you?" REALLY poor if you ask me - I wonder how many people just hang up and don't call back? :shock: I'm glad I was persistent and called back and realized what was happening.

ski_resort_observer
01-12-2007, 06:03 PM
As I have mentioned in another post there is no central number anymore....6300 gets you to the front desk of Claybrook. I know it says 6300 in the phone book but I can't speak to that. That's why I wrote a post about the best numbers to call. In the future call 6100 or 6160( the best number to call) before 6PM which should work better. Sorry it was such a hassle.

The 6100 number is now good till 11PM which is the front desk of the Sugarbush Inn who have been handling incoming calls after 6PM for years. The staff at Claybrook is still pretty new and it takes awhile for anyone new to get a handle on how the Bush works.

sugarboarder
01-12-2007, 06:14 PM
As I have mentioned in another post there is no central number anymore....6300 gets you to the front desk of Claybrook. I know it says 6300 in the phone book but I can't speak to that. That's why I wrote a post about the best numbers to call. In the future call 6100 or 6160( the best number to call) before 6PM which should work better. Sorry it was such a hassle.

The 6100 number is now good till 11PM which is the front desk of the Sugarbush Inn who have been handling incoming calls after 6PM for years. The staff at Claybrook is still pretty new and it takes awhile for anyone new to get a handle on how the Bush works.

SRO - I totally respect your position, and thank you for the response...BUT...how many visitors to the valley are going to read this forum to get the correct number? They will look in the phone book if they are already here.

ski_resort_observer
01-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Let me be as clear as possible on this. I speak only for myself, I do not represent the Bush in anyway on this forum. I am just trying to be helpful. In all the advertising the Bush does(print and radio) they always end the text, "for more info call 800-53-SUGAR" which locally is 6160. I am in no position to answer your questions about the listing in the Phone Book but they are valid points, no question.

sugarboarder
01-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Let me be as clear as possible on this. I speak only for myself, I do not represent the Bush in anyway on this forum. I am just trying to be helpful. In all the advertising the Bush does(print and radio) they always end the text, "for more info call 800-53-SUGAR" which locally is 6160. I am in no position to answer your questions about the listing in the Phone Book but they are valid points, no question.

No worries, I value your input SRO. I know you are not in a position to do anything about it. Like I said - not my problem either, just thought someone here may want to know about it who has the power to mention it to someone who might care. :)

noski
01-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Maybe someone can clarify, but I am wondering (based on my own attempts at reaching departments) if the display on the phone does not differentiate an inside call vs an outside call OR it is simply a training issue on how to recognize the difference.

ahm
01-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Sugarboarder: You see the beauty of the bush is the wonderful terrain. Runs such as Rumble, Paradise, Liftline, Bravo, etc, take you over boulders, feature 90 degree blind turns, iced waterfalls and really provide a great deal of excitment, somewhat like a roller coaster. The phone system is really no different, some blind turns, dips and drops and the like. So, when you call the bush, just remember to be ready for some dip and roll and a few great air shots and I am sure you'll get what you need. But if you ever need to know, just get a hold of Beth or Harry and I am sure they'll help you out.

BushMogulMaster
01-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Sugarboarder: You see the beauty of the bush is the wonderful terrain. Runs such as Rumble, Paradise, Liftline, Bravo, etc, take you over boulders, feature 90 degree blind turns, iced waterfalls and really provide a great deal of excitment, somewhat like a roller coaster. The phone system is really no different, some blind turns, dips and drops and the like. So, when you call the bush, just remember to be ready for some dip and roll and a few great air shots and I am sure you'll get what you need. But if you ever need to know, just get a hold of Beth or Harry and I am sure they'll help you out.

:lol: Great post, and oh-so-true!

sugarboarder
01-12-2007, 08:44 PM

Thanks - I get that. Like I said, I figured someone might see this and want to do something about it, that's all. Maybe not, maybe so...I'll keep my thoughts to myself next time.

My friend Harry will be the man to see for sure. 8)

sugarboarder
01-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Maybe someone can clarify, but I am wondering (based on my own attempts at reaching departments) if the display on the phone does not differentiate an inside call vs an outside call OR it is simply a training issue on how to recognize the difference.

This is more what I was going for - constructive commentary. Thanks Susan.

win
01-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Yes, I am aware of this and a number of related issues which are not overnight fixes but will be fixed!

Lostone
01-12-2007, 11:14 PM
I agree that there should be training on proper phone etiquette, and some device to enable them to know if the call is from inside the building or outside.

I also think it is good that you bring to the attention of management that this needs to be corrected.

I love that this place is able to serve the need of getting the info to Sugarbush management, but hope it would also be brought up at the mountain, as this board is really not a part of Sugarbush. :wink:

I have found most that I have interacted with to be personable, and fairly bright. Most are college students working here on their summer vacations.

skiladi
01-13-2007, 10:54 AM

LOL.

I have never had a problem just calling the 800 and they transfer the call to the proper dept. even after hours I have received the correct info or left a voicemail and was contacted asap.
You can also use e-mail and get a response within 24 hours. The website has a phone directory.