PDA

View Full Version : ME 1/12/2007

freeheel_skier
01-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Got to ME @ 9am. Took the GMX to the summit chair. The ride up was a bit windy. Visibility @ summit was very poor. You could barley see the chair in front of you. Skied Rim Run to Lower RR. Snow was great. Skied down to North Star snow was still great. Lower North Star the snow was chunky and very sticky....lots snowmaking going on. Skied down to North Ridge and it was on wind hold :shock: Skied down straight shot to the base and the GMX was on wind hold too :shock: Damn! Should have yo-yo'd the summit chair instead :( Ate lunch and left @ 1pm still on wind hold......bummer. At least I got one run in :cry: Looking fwd to tomorrow. Yesterday was another story :D

ski_resort_observer
01-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Yea, it was a windy day for sure....appreciate your taking the time for a TR!

Lostone
01-12-2007, 09:44 PM
First of all, Free, you take too long to get ready! :lol:

I say that because I got there around 10:30, and got in a first ride on GMX. They were sending people away from Northridge, so I figured they were on windhold. Getting to the top of the GMX, I made my mistake. :cry:

I decided to do one off the bottom. Cruiser was really sweet. It was a nice run. Taht was good, as it was the last one for over there. :(

I got to the bottom and was surprised to see how many people were in line. Then I looked at the chairs, and they were going up empty. I had a bad feeling. I remembered how, when I had decided to head down toward Cruiser, there was no skating necessary. I was blown in that direction. :shock:

After standing around in line for a while, I checked my watch and realized the bus would be coming in minutes. I bailed! Popped my skis, walked across the road, and the bus showed up. It was full, but as people started to get off, I told them they should know that the GMX was on windhold. One of them asked what that meant, and I pointed to the lift, and explained that was the way to the top, and it was stopped. They changed plans and all got back on. I followed them, as did a few others. It was a standing room only ride to South. :?

Getting to South, I was :shock: shocked :shock: at what the winds had done! Downspout, which had been very good, the day before, was massively scraped, and had guns all the way down. :cry:

Lower Jester was much better, but a very bare shadow of what it had been, yesterday, which I'd described on the check and report as "groomed to perfection".

Worse, all the natural trails had been badly set back. :cry:

I really hope we get something from this coming storm! :roll: