PDA

View Full Version : A picture from 1/11/07 at Sugarbush ...

atkinson
01-12-2007, 10:13 AM
It must worth at least a thousand words. Enjoy!

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/2007-powdersm.jpg

Coach Meredith and me farming some freshies. Thanks to Sandy Macys and Sugarbush Photo.

John

Tin Woodsman
01-12-2007, 10:23 AM
It must worth at least a thousand words. Enjoy!

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/2007-powdersm.jpg

Coach Meredith and me farming some freshies. Thanks to Sandy Macys and Sugarbush Photo.

John

Yeah but Castlerock doesn't exactly count, does it?

atkinson
01-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Not Castlerock. Look at the pitch man. Ripcord opened yesterday too, btw.

John

Tin Woodsman
01-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Not Castlerock. Look at the pitch man. Ripcord opened yesterday too, btw.

John

Hmmm, quite a little mystery you've spun then. Given the pitch and the sun angle, I actually though it was on the bottom half of Liftline. Lower Ripcord?

daevious
01-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Murphy's Glades, I think.

Tin Woodsman
01-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Murphy's Glades, I think.

Since when would the sun be at your 2:00 on Murphy's Glade?

Hardbooter
01-12-2007, 01:15 PM
My call is for the top of birdland but I could be wrong. I'd say its around their third turn. Just enough turns so Sandy could snap the picture. I'm basing this on the woods and snow gun behind them but its also a logical place for Sandy and a few skiers to go to just before Bravo opens.

I figured I would chime in with this as my first (mostly meaningless) post. I've been lurking on this forum since it started and on the previous sugarbush chat room.

Tin Woodsman
01-12-2007, 01:31 PM
My call is for the top of birdland but I could be wrong. I'd say its around their third turn. Just enough turns so Sandy could snap the picture. I'm basing this on the woods and snow gun behind them but its also a logical place for Sandy and a few skiers to go to just before Bravo opens.

I figured I would chime in with this as my first (mostly meaningless) post. I've been lurking on this forum since it started and on the previous sugarbush chat room.

Actually, that's probably a good call assuming it's first thing in the morning, though I don't see the snow gun in question.

Hardbooter
01-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Your right about the snowgun. I think that's a tree in the photo. I was replying from my memory of the top of birdland without looking at the photo again.

That side of the trail at the top of birdland was burned into my memory from a faceplant I once did while making a less than graceful transition from trail skiing to woods skiing. At least I wasn't under a chairlift where everyone could see me... oh wait.

Oh, and the other fun thing about that fall: I got stuck. Really stuck. I was in chest deep snow about three feet from the trail and I was caught in baby pine trees while my cohorts ski off. It took a good five minutes and a lot of swearing before I scraped what dignity I had left back on to the trail.

Boy, I'm longing for an incident like that now. Pray for snow.

atkinson
01-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Welcome Hardbooter.

Great work deducing where we were, but you are all wrong! I like the guessing game though, so I won't give up the answer yet. Hint: It is a trail that gets sun almost all day, but is not anything on North Lynx.

John

Hardbooter
01-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Top of pushover?

sugarboarder
01-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Hot Shot...the trail I mean.

random_ski_guy
01-12-2007, 06:28 PM
My first guess was the bottom of paradise/lower ripcord area. Since John has ruled this out and seemingly has given a strong hint about the all day sun, then I guess I'll go with the top of Snowball, right side.

sugarboarder
01-12-2007, 07:14 PM
How bored are we that we are trying to guess this? :lol: :lol:

freeheel_skier
01-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Yeh, but it's fun! :D

Strat
01-12-2007, 11:58 PM
This is tough...

Wait, is it definitely at South or could this have been at North?

Strat
01-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Alright, there's more shots in the SB photo gallery...

http://www.sugarbush.com/aboutus/sendphoto.asp?imgID=1432&id=185

But where the hell is that??

Lostone
01-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Kinda looks like Lower Ripcord, to me.

Wasn't there, that day... but I'm not complaining! :D

skiladi
01-13-2007, 10:17 AM
This is tough...

Wait, is it definitely at South or could this have been at North?

captions from gallery for that day all say Lincoln Peak.
Grinder.